30 November 2018.
Cafe Writers Open Poetry Competition 2018.
Café Writers presents to you….monthly readings of poetry and prose of extremely high quality in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Closing Date 30th Nov 2018.
- Prizewinners will be notified in writing by 31st January 2019.
- The list of prizewinners will be displayed on the website after the prize-giving ceremony at Café Writers on 11th February 2019.
- Maximum of 40 lines (excluding title) on one side of A4.
- The Prize is open to anyone other than Café Writers’ committee members.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been published, self-published, published on any website or broadcast.
- We regret that entries cannot be returned.
- Entries must be your own original work and in English.
- No corrections can be made after receipt, nor fees refunded.
- Entries must show no name, address or identifying marks other than the title.
- Worldwide copyright of each entry remains with the author, but Café Writers will have the unrestricted right to publish the winning poems on its website and in press releases publicising the competition.
- The Norfolk Prize is awarded to a permanent Norfolk resident, for a poem not winning another prize.
- The judge’s decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into.
Note: Entry implies acceptance of all the rules. Failure to comply with the entry requirements will result in disqualification.
- 1st £1000
- 2nd £300
- 3rd £200
- Five Commended Prizes of £50
- Norfolk Prize £100 (best poem from a permanent Norfolk resident not winning another prize).
Note: Entry Fee:£4 per poem; or £10 for 3 poems & £2 per poem thereafter.
- Click HERE and download the Application Form.
- Save your poems in A SINGLE Word document or PDF, allowing only ONE POEM PER PAGE, and add as an attachment to a covering email which will include your name, address, email address and titles of your poems.
- Please include no name, address or identifying marks (other than the poem’s title) to the attachment containing your poems.
- Send to: [email protected] (please cut and paste this address to limit the amount of SPAM they receive).
- As the subject heading to your email, please write your name and the title of the first poem in your attachment.
Third Step: Pay for your Entry and you will be sent a receipt of your entry via email.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Esraa Abdullzaher/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Menna Faramawy/ Egypt &
Nashwa Attallah/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team