15 September 2018
The Val Wood Prize for Creative Writing 2018: Women’s Writes
To celebrate 100 years since women won the right to vote, we have decided to focus on strong and formidable women in this year’s competition, hence the title, Women’s Writes.
The competition is open to all genders and to anyone over 16 years of age.Entrants are free to write about whatever they wish but each story must feature a strong female protagonist.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
A month and 6 days after the deadline.
The winner of the competition and runners up will be announced at a special ceremony at Hull Central Library on 20 October 2018 at 2pm.
- All entries must be typed or neatly handwritten and with a maximum word-count of 1500.
- Your name, address, telephone number and/or email address must be included with your entry on a separate piece of paper.
- Entries from already commercially published writers will not be accepted.
- Previous entrants/winners may enter the competition again using alternative entries.
- Entries that have been submitted before will be disqualified from the competition.
- Entries must be the original work of the competitor, in English, and must not have been published, broadcast or have won a competition prize.
- No alterations can be made to a story once it has been submitted.
- If sending your entry by post, please check that you have used the correct postage.
- Entries cannot be returned – so please keep a copy.
- Entrants can win only one prize. The decision of the judge is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Copyright remains with the author, but the organisers reserve the right to publish the winning entries online or in print for one year after 20/10/18.
- The organisers reserve right to alter details of the competition if necessary.
- The winner of the competition will receive £100 and their entry will be published on the website www.valeriewood.co.uk and shared via various social media outlets.
- The runner up will receive £50 and there will also be two commendations of £25.
Note: Cash prizes are kindly donated by Estuary Words Limited and The James Reckitt Library Trust.
First Step: Send email entries to [email protected] with the subject Val Wood Prize: Women’s Writes.
Or Postal entries to: Val Wood Prize for Creative Writing 2018, Hull Central Library, Albion Street, Hull, HU1 3TF.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Chahineze Hakki/ Algeria “
Reviewed by” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team