6 December 2019
ICRC _Writing Competition III
The International Committee of the Red Cross is proud to organize for the third time a writing competition in Arabic to engage the Arabic speaking scholars on relevant IHL discussions and to provide an academic platform for legal debates
The article could tackle one of the following topics:
- An overview of the four GCs: Have they become outdated?
- The relevance/sufficiency of common Article 3 to regulate non-international armed conflicts
- How and why are non-state armed groups to engage in and be bound by the IHL
- The success and/or failures of the GCs to humanize contemporary armed conflicts
- The effectiveness of the GCs Implementation mechanisms
- The contemporary challenges facing GCs in today wars
Opportunity Focus Areas:
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS.
- You are requested to send your article before 6 December 2019
- The article should be written in Arabic.
- Manuscripts submitted should be approximately 10.000 words, footnotes included.
- All manuscripts should be accompanied by a short abstract (less than 100 words) summarizing the main content/argument of the article.
- All manuscripts should be accompanied by a short biography (one or two sentences per author) describing the current function/affiliation of the author.
- Rules of punctuation common in most of the Arabic countries have to be respected.
For more details about writing conditions: check here.
- The First place winner will receive a certificate and 1500 USD. In addition, the article will be considered for publication by the ICRC
- The second place winner will receive Certificate and 1000 USD
- The third place winner will receive Certificate and 750 USD
First step: To apply you have to send your article to [email protected] before 6 December 2019
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hadeer Magdy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt and Samah Gacem/ Algeria”
MARJ3 Scholarships team