28 February 2019.
Online – Johannesburg, South Africa.
Youth Essay Contest on ‘The Africa We Want’ – Africa’s youth participation in the development of the continent
AUDA/NEPAD recognizes African youth as important stakeholders in achieving the Agenda 2063 goals and aspirations. In this regard, deliberate efforts are being made to harness the intellectual insights and energies of the youth in shaping the pathways and participating in the implementation of Agenda 2063. Accordingly, AUDA/NEPAD is organizing a short essay contest that will serve to solicit novel ideas from Africa’s youth.
African youths are invited to participate in a short essay contest on #TheAfricaWeWant
Entries will be judged on the originality of ideas or proposals that can potentially have positive societal impact currently, or those that will transform the African continent in years to come through actions that need to be taken now in Agenda 2063, the continent’s vision for transformation.
Winners will be announced at an award ceremony in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Essays can be written in any of the African Union (AU) official languages namely:
Swahili, English, French, Arabic and Portuguese.
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
21 January – April 2019
Winners will be announced in April 2019 at the ‘Championing of Agenda 2063 for #TheAfricaWeWant’ advocacy event in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- This contest opens on 21 January 2019 and closes at midnight on 28 February 2019. Essays must be received by 11:59PM GMT on 28 February 2019 OR postmarked by 28February 2019 if sent by post
- Contestants must be aged between 15 and 35 years by the contest deadline.
- Only one proposal per contestant will be accepted.
- Contestants must be African citizens; non-African citizens are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- All youths (between the ages of 15 and 35) and especially girls, women, and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to participate.
- The best essays will be posted on AUDA/NEPAD’s website and other platforms.
- All five winners will be awarded prizes at the awards ceremony attended by high profile leaders in Africa.
First step: All contestants must submit a completed and signed version of the document below:
- The essay – as per the instructions mentioned.
- Parental consent (Applicable only to those below the age of 18).
- Consent Form.
- If sending by EMAIL: Scan your entry documents to a .jpg or .pdf format and attach them to the
email. Please send the email to [email protected]
- If sending by POST: Address the mail to NEPAD Agency, 230, 15th Road Randjespark, Midrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
For more information about the contest and the submitted documents please refer to this link.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Suhayla Hamed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Abdelrahman sabry / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team