30 June 2020 at 23:00 GST
Online (During the competition)
United Arab Emirates (Receiving the prizes)
Xposure 2020 INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION
A FREE to enter International Photography & Film Awards with great prizes across several genres. Photographers of all ages, backgrounds, and experience are eligible to enter the Xposure International Awards. It have also include a category for film-makers.The panel of judges are looking to award an Overall Winner from the photography categories and additionally a winner and runner-up from each category including moving image & short-films. The Jury is looking for unique, exceptional and high quality images.
In addition to the main prizes, all winning and shortlisted photographers will be included in the publication of the Xposure Year Book and featured in a gallery at Xposure ,The winner and runner-up from each category will be invited to the Xposure Festival Awards Ceremony where the final outcome of the position will be announced.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Landscape Photography
- Architectural Photography
- Aerial & Drone Photography
- Travel Photography
- Macro Photography
- Junior Category
- Sharjah Government
- Short Film & Moving Image
For more information about the majors for the competition, click on Categories Explained.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Finalists will be notified by 15th July 2020
- This competition is FREE to enter and open to all nationalities over the age of 18. There is a Junior Category for under 18’s resident in the UAE.
- Employees of Sharjah Government Media Bureau, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, are not eligible to enter or win a prize in the main categories, however, there is a restricted category for Sharjah Government employees.
- Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the competition entrant.The photograph does not infringe any copyright or violate any other intellectual property rights.
- Photographs that include a watermark or name that is not part of the original image capture will be disqualified.
- To qualify, your photographs of films must be taken or produced in the past 3-years.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsors, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud.
- Overall Winner – $3,000 (USD) / digital imaging equipment / Flights and accommodation to the Awards Ceremony in Sharjah UAE / Included in the Xposure festival exhibition / Publication in the Xposure Year Book
- Category Winners – $1,500 (USD) / digital imaging equipment / Flights and accommodation to the Awards Ceremony in Sharjah UAE / Included in the Xposure festival exhibition / Publication in the Xposure Year Book
- Category Runner-up – $750 (USD) / Included in the Xposure festival exhibition / Flights and accommodation to the Awards Ceremony in Sharjah UAE /Publication in the Xposure Year Book
- Shortlisted – Online Exhibition / displayed during the Xposure Festival
- Junior Category under 18 ‘Winner’ – Photo equipment and included in the Xposure festival exhibition / Publication in the Xposure Year Book / Invitation to the Awards Ceremony.
- Junior Category under 18 ‘Runner-up’ – Included in the Xposure festival exhibition / Invitation to the Awards Ceremony.
Step One: You must first register online.Once the registration process has been completed, you will receive an e-mail confirmation.use it into the competition and follow the instructions to upload images from your computer
For the film category:
- You can upload your file in MP4 or AVI formats with a maximum file size of 1GB.
- All submitted films and video clips will be based on a URL submission to your video clip or film hosted on Vimeo, YouTube or any other suitable platform.
- Short Films include video clips and can be any running length from 3 min to 18 min.
For the photography categories:
- The images should be suitable for public display, printing and publication in the Xposure Year Book.
- The JPG file format should be used and the preferred resolution is 300 dpi and preferably in a ratio of 3:2.
- The preferred image size should be close to 5,000 pixels on the longer dimension.
- Digital images should have a long dimension of at least 2,700 pixels and saved at 300 dpi 28cm, or larger, as a jpeg file. It can accept images that are up to 8 megabytes uncompresse. if you cannot downsize the pictures.
Third Step: You may enter up to ten (10) images or films per user distributed in any ratio across the competition categories and each entry must be allocated to the category selected from the drop-down selection box.To enable entrants to submit across multiple categories only one image may be uploaded at a time – An entry consists of one photo or film, in addition to a completed Title, Caption, Place Taken and Date Taken.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
Reviewed by” Razan Sameh/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team