15 December, 2019 (for the first phase)
1 April, 2020 (for the second phase)
United States of America and Canada
International Peace Scholarship (IPS)
The PEO (Philanthropic Educational Organization) International Peace Scholarship Fund is a program of Women helping and empowering women higher education.The International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949, provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada.
Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding. The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Any graduate field of study.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
The scholarship will be divided into two payments to be distributed in August and December.
- The application is made for a period not to exceed one year (two semesters and one summer session or equivalent).
- Renewal applications may be made for additional scholarship assistance under the following regulations:
a. All applicants must complete and submit eligibility forms between September 15 and December 15.
b. A recipient in graduate school is eligible to apply for one renewal of her scholarship. She may receive scholarship
assistance for no more than two (2)years.
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the united States or canada.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
- Scholarships are not given for research, internships, or practical training, unless it is combined with coursework. Awards are not to be used to pay past debts.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- international students attending cottey college are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
- At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
- Students receiving funding at Cottey may be eligible to apply for graduate IPS funds. However, combined total IPS support will not exceed $25,000.
First Step: Apply for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
Second Step: Complete and submit the Eligibility form.
- To begin a new application, recommendation/nomination or individual case history, click the “Create New Account” button below. Your account will be created and tied to your email address.
- Enter your Username and Password to complete the application, recommendation/nomination or individual case history.
Third Step: Submit a copy of the applicant’s confirmation of admission with the application.
Forth Step: Wait for an email regarding your eligibility status. If you are eligible, the rest of the application forms will appear the next time you access your dashboard to start the second phase.
- Make sure to review the IPS application calendar dates for the 2020-2021 Term of Study here.
- No consideration will be given to applicants lacking evidence of admission.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rawan Hamed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mohamed Magdi Eweda / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team