31 July 2019.
Universiti Brunei Darussalam – UBD Graduate Scholarship
The UBD Graduate Scholarship (UGS) is awarded to outstanding scholars, students, and professionals to undertake graduate study and advanced research in Universiti Brunei Darussalam. The scholarship provides Bruneian and non-Bruneian candidates the unique opportunity to pursue their academic and research goals and network extensively with international researchers.
This scholarship is offered by Universiti Brunei Darussalam to outstanding students who are interested in pursuing their studies in the Doctor of Philosophy level after achieving excellence in their Master’s degree. This is a very competitive scholarship and applicants with academic talents and caliber are highly encouraged to apply.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Arts & Social Sciences
- Business & Economics
- Health Sciences
- Brunei Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Asian Studies
- Integrated Technologies
- Advance Materials and Energy Studies
- Policy Studies
Click here to know more about the specializations of each field of study.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Has at least a first class honors Bachelor degree with a distinction in Master degree or equivalent qualification.
- A second class upper honors Bachelor degree and a Master degree with a good publication record from and after undertaking the Master degree or equivalent qualification.
- A high quality and impact research proposal.
- Fit to pursue studies in the area of choice.
- For all programmes, applicants must have at least a credit 6 in English Language at GCE ‘O’ Level Examination or a grade ‘B’ in IGCSE English (as a Second Language) or an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum overall score of 550.
- Waived tuition fees, including registration and acceptance fees at Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
- A subsistence allowance of BND 500.00 per month for 36 months.
- On-campus accommodation for 36 months.
- For candidates not residing in Brunei Darussalam, one round trip economy class air ticket will be provided from their home country upon accepting the scholarship and to their home country upon completion of their studies.
- Allowances for field research (BND 1000.00 for Arts and Humanities, and BND 2000.00 for Science candidates)
First Step: Fill the application here.
Second Step: Upload the following documents in a PDF form:
- International passport.
- Certified true copies of academic certificates , including university transcripts (where applicable) and English proficiency qualification .
- For international applicants: a security clearance letter from the country of origin.
- For in-service applicants working in the private sector and Government sector (excluding Ministry of Education and Ministry of Religious Affairs): a letter of permission from the employer.
- Certified English translation must be submitted for document that are not in the English language.
Third Step: Confirm the information you provided and submit your application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Maria Medhat / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Belkis Ghedir / Tunisia ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team