November 25, 2018.
PhD position: Artificial intelligence in imaging of liver and pancreas diseases
The University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) is offering a PhD Position in ”Artificial intelligence in imaging of liver and pancreas diseases”. The University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) is one of the largest hospitals in the Netherlands and the largest employer in the Northern Netherlands. This position is A four years PhD position with a salary of € 2.336 per month. In addition to providing clinical care, there is much focus on the core research, training and education.
The UMCG is a well-known expert center in treating patients with diseases of the liver and pancreas. Although standard medical imaging techniques such as computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) allow to establish a correct diagnosis in most patients, this is not always the case. Consequently, a nonnegligible proportion of patients will undergo unnecessary invasive biopsies, surgery, or drug therapy, which are costly and carry a risk of complications and side effects.
Computers can potentially extract more accurate and reliable information from imaging examinations than human readers. It is anticipated that an artificial intelligence-based imaging evaluation will become an important diagnostic tool and will be of benefit to patients.
This project aims to develop and evaluate computer-aided diagnostic systems that will demonstrably help clinicians to improve the diagnosis of liver and pancreas disease on CT and MRI.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Engineering or Biomedical Sciences or similar
- Machine Learning
- Image Analysis and an affinity with medical applications.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- You should be a creative and enthusiastic researcher with an MSc degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Physics, Engineering or Biomedical Sciences or similar, with a clear interest in machine learning, radiomics, image analysis and an affinity with medical applications.
- Good communication skills and expertise in software development, preferably in Python/C++, are essential.
- Experience with artificial intelligence is a pre. The research should result in a PhD thesis.
- A four years PhD position with a salary of € 2.336 per month.
- Gross per month in the first year up to a maximum of € 2.992.
- Gross per month in the last fourth year (scale PhD). Maximum hours per week: 36. In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
Fill in the online application form, then Submit.
The following should be included:
- List of followed courses and grades;
- Letter of motivation;
- And preferably a reprint or link to your Master thesis and publications in English you have written.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Rehab Ali/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team