Open till filled
Operations Management and Information Systems Scholarships
The objective is to set up a one-stop unified electronic reservation and tracking platform of intelligent inter-modal transportation mode, in order to achieve the integration and optimization of such integrated supply chain.
The successful applicants will undertake his/her PhD studies under the supervision of a research team which consists of Nottingham academic staff. On top of research work, they will have the opportunity to receive mentoring and training on grant applications (Chinese and international grants), grant management and higher education teaching through Graduate Teaching Assistant scheme (subject to successful training and assessment, and available of teaching activities then).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Operations Management
- Information Systems
- The state-of-the art studies on supply chain integration and optimization based on inter-modal transportation (e.g., from port to rail)
- Unified information systems and acceptance diffusion model to support the above.
English Entry Requirement
Students whose first language is not English or their entry qualifications were not obtained from a country/region where English is the native language, are required to provide satisfactory evidence of their proficiency in English.
- Grades/scores are valid for a maximum period of two years prior to the date of registration.
- *IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all elements) or its equivalent is required for Faculty of Science and Engineering (FoSE) scholarship applicants.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Up to 36 months, subject to satisfactory progression
Research Degree Admissions Requirements
- If you apply to a PhD programme, you will generally need to hold an honours degree at 2.1 and/or a masters at merit level or above in a
relevant subject (or international equivalent).
- Applicants must have a first class honours undergraduate degree or 65% and above for a Masters’ degree from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions
- academic performance during the undergraduate and postgraduate study
- research papers published in international academic journals
- quality of the research proposal
- research potential and attitude
- English proficiencyThe following will be considered when making an offer:
The PhD scholarship covers
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (US $ 1536.5)
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
- Successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out paid teaching or research assistant duties at UNNC(University of Nottingham Ningbo in China).
Please email scanned copies of the following documents to [email protected]
All documents must be in English. If original documents are not in English, a translated English version is required in addition to the original one. An application missing any of the following document (except for English language score) is incomplete and will not be considered.
- A completed application form (all fields filled)
- A research proposal
- Copies of degree certificates for undergraduate and postgraduate studies (Xueli certificates are required too for applicants from Chinese universities)
- Official transcripts with marks for all individual modules/courses from undergraduate and postgraduate studies (with official university stamp)
- English language test score (IELTS/ PTE academic) (not required for native English speakers)
- Two references (must be emailed directly by the referees)
- A copy of ID or passport (both sides of an ID card required)
- An electronic copy of passport-sized photo taken within three months of this application
The scholarships are competitive and we advise you to apply as early as possible. It normally takes 5-6 weeks after the closing date for us to process your application.
Please quote the scholarship reference number in your application form if you are applying for this scholarship which is “18023HKC”
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Youmna Atef/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eya Hachouch/ Tunisie- Islam Abo Eissa/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team