15 September 2019.
PHD scholarship in High-resolution transmission electron microscopy of catalytic nanoparticle surfaces
The student will be part of a research project in collaboration with DTU Physics on developing deep learning methods for automated and quantitative analysis of atomic-resolution electron microscopy images acquired both conventionally as well as in situ.
Responsibilities and tasks
- You will be responsible for electron microscopy characterization at high resolution of relevant catalyst samples.
- Most work will be done in a gaseous environment at elevated temperatures where reaction products can be measured using online mass spectroscopy.
- The aim is to understand the responses of catalytically active surfaces to changes in the environment and to correlate these changes to a measured catalytic activity.
- The data will provide input for automated analysis approaches applying deep learning algorithms developed at Computational Atomic-scale Materials Design (CAMD) at the Department of Physics at DTU.
- You will be employed in the Characterization Section at DTU Nanolab where you will be working closely with PhD students, post docs and faculty members using various electron-beam based techniques.
- You will be collaborating with the theoretical scientists in the Department of Physics, a leading department in surface science and catalysis.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Candidates should have a two-year master’s degree in Physics (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of solid-state physics.
- Experience with electron microscopy is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- The candidate has obtained excellent grades in his/her Bachelor and Master educations and has good communication skills in both spoken and written English.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
First Step: prepare these documents:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
Second Step: Open the link ” Apply online ” then submit materials in English in one PDF file.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Sanaa Allam/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hesham Galal / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team