30 November 2018
The Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC)- DOC-FAM COFUND Doctoral programme
DOC-FAM builds upon the recent award obtained by Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC) as one of the 22 “Severo Ochoa Centres of Excellence”, an award is given by the Spanish Government that recognizes institutions from all areas of knowledge that perform cutting-edge research at world standards. The award as “Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence” to develop “Smart Functional Materials for Social Grand Challenges” (FUNMAT, 2016-2019) demonstrates the outstanding international scientific leadership of ICMAB in the field of Advanced Functional Materials and Nanomaterials. FUNMAT is implemented through several Strategic Priority Actions, designed to invigorate and enhance research, training, exploitation and communication activities of the Institute amongst other things.
The aim of the research programme offered in DOC-FAM is to complement the training aspects of FUNMAT by offering the recruited fellows an excellent training programme in the burgeoning field of Functional Advanced Materials through an interdisciplinary, intersectorial and international approach with the participation of several partner organizations.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
-Ca and Mg plating and insertion mechanisms: towards Ca and Mg metal anode based batteries. (Dr. Alexandre Ponrouch)-
-Preparation of Graphene Oxide composite nanoporous materials using supercritical CO2 technology. (Dr. Ana M. López Periago)-
-Controllable curcuminoid-based smart supramolecular organic frameworks. (Dr. Arántzazu González-Campo )-
-Synthesis and processing of a novel generation of electro- and magnetically-active organic materials. (Dr. Núria Crivillers, Dr. Marta Mas-Torrent)-
-Synthesis and characterization of molecular junctions based on stimuli-responsive organic layers (Dr. Núria Crivillers)-
-On-surface synthesis and characterization of functional nanostructures obtained by micro-droplet injection (Dr. Esther Barrena, Dr. Núria Aliaga)-
-Magnetic Nanodevices Inspired in Neuroscience (Dr. Ferran Macià)-
-Imaging the dynamics of heat propagation in low dimensional nanoscale systems. (Dr. M. Isabel Alonso, Dr. J. Sebastián Reparaz)-
-All-oxide photovoltaics by cost-efficient chemical routes. (Dr. Mariona Coll)-
-Multiredox nanoclusters and nanoparticles as mediators for enhanced oxygen redox reactions in metal-air flow batteries .(Dr. Dino Tonti)-
-Spin Current, Next Memory Generation (Dr. Lluis Balcells, Benjamín Martínez)-
-Nanocellulose conductive composites for thermoelectric applications (Prof. Anna Roig, Dr. Mariano Campoy)-
-Nitride materials for photocatalysis and solid state lighting (Prof. Amparo Fuertes)-
-Learning from neuromorphic vision systems using time causality of optical stimuli (Dr. Gervasi Herranz)-
-Nanophotonic metasurfaces with enhanced functionality and topological properties (Dr. Gervasi Herranz)-
-Pushing the limits of X-ray diffraction techniques in epitaxial thin films: structure and strain distribution analysis (Dr. Carlos Frontera)-
-Flexible organic electronic devices: towards low cost and high performing transistors for sensing (Dr. Marta Mas Torrent)-
-Superconducting properties and vortex pinning mechanism of layers prepared by ink jet printing combinatorial chemistry (Prof. Teresa Puig)-
-Architectured nanoparticles for medical and environmentally friendly technologies (Prof. Francesc Teixidor)-
-First-principles theory of emergent materials properties at ferroic domain walls and related low-dimensional structures (Dr. Massimiliano Stengel)-
-Challenging a Nobel’s prediction. Data storage with antiferromagnetic materials (Prof. Josep Fontcuberta)
-A hybrid battery-supercapacitor redox flow cells (Dr. Nieves Casañ-Pastor)-
-Influence of FerroElectric polarization on the performance of catalyst TiO2/FE-heterostructures (Dr. Felip Sandiumenge, Dr. Xavier Torrelles)-
-Theoretical modeling of surface mediated fabrication of low-dimensional molecular architectures (Dr. Jordi Faraudo, Dr.Carmen Ocal)-
-Unveiling novel coupling mechanisms for functional improper multiferroics (Prof. José Luis García)-
Ferroelectric oxides nanoengineering for enhanced photovoltaic performance(Dr. Ignasi Fina)-
-Closing the C-cycle: electrochemical carbon capture and conversion (Dr. Teresa Andreu)-
-Advanced catalyst materials and systems for electroconversion of CO2 (Prof. J. Ramón Morante)-
-Catalyst for improved metal air batteries. (Prof. J. Ramón Morante, Dr. Jordi Jacas)-
-Ceramic 3D-printing of multimaterial energy devices (Dr. Albert Tarancón)-
-CO2 reuse for chemical energy storage of surplus electricity from renewables (Dr. Albert Tarancón)-
-Nanoionics for advanced energy devices (Dr. Albert Tarancón)-
-Thermoelectric nanocomposites using bottom-up assembled nanocrystal building blocks (Prof. Andreu Cabot)-
-Ultrafast and ultrahigh resolution 3D printing through electrohydrodynamic material jetting (Prof. Andreu Cabot)-
-Nanowire-based triboloelectric generators (Prof. Andreu Cabot)-
-GHz magnetization dynamics in XPEEM (Dr. Michael Joachim Ulrich Foerster)-
-Particle Beam Size Measurements in Accelerators Using Colloidal Suspensions / Electron Beam Diagnostics Researcher (Dr. Ubaldo Iriso Ariz)-
-Innovative technology solutions to explore effects of the microbiome in inflammatory disease: Microbiome-Gut on Chip (Dr. Rosa Villa)-
-Study of MOSFET interface optimization on Gallium Oxide for power and energy applications (Dr. Philippe Godignon)-
-Nanoscience/Nanodevices for the Environment (Dr. M. José Esplandiu)-
-Nanoscience/Nanodevices for Health (Prof. José Antonio Garrido)-
-Nanoscience/Nanodevices for Information and Communication Technologies (Prof. Sergio Valenzuela)-
-Nanocharacterization (Prof.Jordi Arbiol)-
-Nanomaterials and Nanofabrication (Prof. Daniel Maspoch)-
for more informtion Click here
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Mobility rule:Candidates may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline.
- ESR criteria: Early-stage researchers (ESR) shall at the call deadline be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Candidates must hold a degree with a minimum of 300 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits in university studies of which at least 60 must be at Master’s level, OR Candidates must hold of a qualification obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems without the need for official recognition, having previously confirmed with the university that this qualification accredits a level of training equivalent to the official Spanish university Master’s degree and that it would serve as a means of access to a PhD in the country in which it was awarded.
- Candidates must have a demonstrable level of English. A proof of upper-intermediate level must be included in the application; this should take the form of one of the recognised international qualifications (minimum CEFR B2, Cambridge English First (FCE), PTE Level 3, IELTS 5-6.5 or TOEFL > 72). Applicants from native English speaking countries can apply without the need for proof of level (for a full list of countries see the guide for applicants). An official degree (including postgraduate) conducted in English as the only language will be also accepted as a proof of level.
- Selected fellows will receive a generous salary including:
Living allowance: 28,800€/year
Mobility allowance: 4,800€/year
Research, training and networking costs: 6,000€/year
Tuition fees for Ph.D. studies during the 3 years of the contract (600€/year)
Create an account (login and password).
Fulfill the application form.
– Personal info
Upload all requested documents:
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant using the provided Europass template (maximum 3 pages)
- Motivation letter to participate in the programme using the provided template (you must fill, print and sign the letter before uploading it into the system)
- Official certificates for academic records (University Degree and Master’s degree or other degree which would formally entitle the candidate to embark on a doctorate)
- Proof of English Level (upper intermediate level, see the “Guide for Applicants” for a comprehensive list of accepted international qualifications)
- Certificates and documents that accredit your complementary training (courses, schools, conferences, other skills, etc.) as a single file. Only those certificates included in the application will count towards the final mark.
Failure to not include any of these documents will result in the inegibility of your application. Only documents uploaded in .pdf file format will be accepted, the maximum size per file is 4Mb.
-Recommendation letters at least one person (maximum two)
Select up to three different research projects based on the availability
Submit your application form.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Fathy Mohamed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hagar Mohamed Khalil/ Egypt “
MARJ3 Scholarships team