15 September, 2018
PhD Scholarship on Challenges of European Integration for the Nordic Countries- Copenhagen Business School
Candidates are invited for a PhD scholarship in the field of social and political sciences. The PhD will be affiliated with the Comparative European and Public Policy group at the Department of International Economics, Government and Business.
The student will be enrolled at PhD School in Organization and Management Studies. The three-year PhD programme at CBS allows you to conduct research under the supervision of CBS professors. Research training courses are an important part of the programme. The programme is highly international, and the candidate is expected to participate in international research conferences and to spend time abroad as a visiting PhD student. The scholarship includes teaching obligations equivalent of 1/2 year’s work (840 work hours).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Organization and Management Studies.
- Social and political sciences
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- The candidate should have a basic training at the Masters level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process).
- An educational background in the social sciences is necessary.
- The applicant must have successfully completed (or be near the completion of) a Master’s degree in political science, sociology, political economy or related disciplines before commencing PhD at CBS. Having a specialization in European studies is of added value.
- The applicant must also be fluent in English. Check the English language requirements of the university.
- High priority will be given to applicants with high grades from their universities. It is also required that the applicant shows an interest in joining the department´s research environment.
-The scholarships are fully salaried, according to the national Danish collective agreement.
-The scholarship includes:
- the tuition fees,
- office space,
- travel grants,
- a salary, currently starting with per month app. DKK 23.770 (app. 3,160 euro) up to DKK 28.964 (app. 3,860 euro) depending on seniority,
- a pension contribution totaling 17,1 % of 85 per cent of the base salary.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link in the ”Apply Now” button.
The application must include:
- A 5 page project description: This research proposal should contain: a presentation of an original research question,a description of the initial theoretical framework and methodology, a presentation of the suggested empirical material as well as a work-plan.
- Copies of a Master’s degree certificate or other certificates of a corresponding level,
- Brief curriculum vitae (CV),
- A list of papers and publications, and one copy of a selected written work (e.g. Master’s thesis).
- Applicants must enclose documentation for English language skills.
Enter the vacant position you wish to apply for.
Fill in the online application form with your personal data and upload the relevant documentation.
At the bottom of the page you are asked to accept the fact that the site registers your data – if you agree, put a check mark in the box and click send. You cannot apply without giving your consent. Personal information is automatically anonymised after six months.
After sending your application, you are now registered in the system and within 24 hours you will receive an e-mail confirming your application. In the e-mail you have the possibility of making sure that your application and attached documents are correct. If you do not receive an e-mail please contact HR Services, Tel.: +45 3815 2022. Once the deadline for applications has expired, all submitted applications will be read and you will hear from the university.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Engy Rashdan/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Mohamed Elsherbeny/ Egypt “
And “Salma Merhabi/ Lebanon”
MARJ3 Scholarships team