14 December 2018.
Manchester City, England, UK
Alliance Manchester Business School, PhD Studentships 2019-20
The Alliance Manchester Business School PhD programme provides advanced research and training for highly qualified and motivated individuals looking to acquire world-class research skills.
- Type of award:
- Funding provider
- Level(s) of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study: Postgraduate research
- Allowed study options:
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study: Full-time (3 Years)
- We continue to attract outstanding students of the highest calibre and our research student population is one of the largest in the UK with around 60 students joining the programme each year. As a graduate of one of the worlds most innovative and ambitious doctoral research schools, you’ll be sought after by leading universities, top business schools, government institutes and private sector organisations.
- We are committed to supporting your academic and research needs, as well as your student experience as the researcher will access to:
- Doctoral Research Conferenc
- Development workshop
- Presentation skills workshop
- Writing retreat
- Conference and fieldwork support
- Specialist business databases
- Career opportunities
- The Manchester PhD prepares you for a research career in academia or for opportunities in business, government and non-profit organizations.
- Graduates have progressed to positions at the following organizations:
- Bank of America
- Banque de France
- Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago,
- CASS Business School
- Central Bank of Chile
- Lancaster University
- London Business School
- London School of Economics
- Morgan Stanley
- Singapore Management University
- Universidad de Chile
- University of Leeds
- Warwick Business School
Specializations for Studying on This Opportunity:
You can choose to study your PhD in one of the following areas:
- Accounting and Finance:
- Auditing and Accountability
- Management Accounting
- Market Based Accounting Research
- Asset Pricing and Market Microstructure
- Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance
- Financial Econometrics
- Business and Management:
- Critical Management Studies
- Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations
- International Business and Management
- Decision Science
- Information Systems
- Operational Research
- Innovation Management
- Health Management
- Organisational Studies
- Fairness and Dignity at Work
- Organisational Psychology
- Data Science
- Information Management
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Innovation Policy
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy:
- Assessment and governance of emerging technologies
- Responsibility in research and innovation
- Managing and measuring science, technology and innovation policy
- Knowledge production, innovation, technology deployment, and user engagement
- Roles for universities, public research centers, and other organisations in science and innovation
- Evaluation, foresight and strategic intelligence in science, technology and innovation policy
Know more about these 3 programmes options & Research focus from here
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Up to 3 years.
- Applicants must have obtained a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or equivalent)
- hold or expect to obtain a Masters level qualification with Distinction
- English Language requirements (where required) are IELTS 7.0, TOEFL 100 (internet based test), or Pearson Test of English (PTE = 66 or above).
- The scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis to applicants with an offer to start the PhD Programme in September 2019.
- you are strongly advised to submit your application as early as possible
- You need to submit an Alliance MBS PhD application and indicate that you wish to be considered for this funding opportunity( you need hold an university offer before your application summit )
The scholarship covers:
- Programme tuition fees and stipend of approx. £15,000 per year
- You also receive a generous research support and conference allowance.
1.Check the entry requirements
Check that you meet the entry requirements for academic qualifications and English language
2.You need nominate a potential supervisor.
3.You will need to prepare and submit the following documents with your application form:
- Research proposal:
- Degree certificates and transcripts.
- English language test results(Read more about English language requirements )
- Two academic references.
4. Apply online:
- check and prepare your documents.
- apply as early as possible. If you are applying to a specific programme with attached funding (deadline 14 DEC).
- if you apply for a scholarship or award that is not attached to a particular project, it is normally stipulated that you hold an offer of a place from the University before applying, so you are encouraged to apply early.
- Choose and make contact with your potential supervisor from here
- Make sure you have evidence of prior academic qualifications to hand
- Provide evidence of English language ability
- Obtain two references – download our referee report form (PDF document, 50 KB)
- Make a copy of your passport, if you will need a visa to study in the UK.
- Prepare a personal statement/statement of purpose, if required. This will be specified on the relevant academic School website.
- Prepare your CV.
Follow the link below to begin the application process. You will find instructions on how to apply throughout the form.
5) Application ِِAcknowledgment:
You will receive an email acknowledgment from The University of Manchester advising you of your ID number. You will need to quote this ID number in all correspondence.
6) Doctoral Admissions Team:
Your application will be forwarded to the Doctoral Admissions team at Alliance MBS and you will receive notification of what happens next. You will also be provided with the name of the person who is processing your application. You should always contact this person directly in future correspondence, remembering to quote your ID number.
We aim to reach a decision within 4 weeks of receiving your application. At busy times, this can take longer, but we make every effort to keep you informed of your application’s progress and reach a decision as soon as we can.
For help with your application, contact The Postgraduate Admissions Office:
Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 4740
Email: [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmed Mubarak / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Maha Gamal El-Sheikh / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team