October 29, 2018.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship
The award supports interdisciplinary research and original fieldwork by providing a substantial yearly allowance for research and travel, enabling the Scholars to gain first-hand contact with the diverse communities that can enrich their studies. Moreover, each Scholar is paired with a distinguished Trudeau Mentor selected by the Foundation among the most eminent Canadian practitioners in all sectors of public life. The Scholarship also offers the opportunity to interact with an exceptional community of leaders and committed individuals in every field of the social sciences and humanities, to participate in events organized by the Foundation and to hold their own workshops, through available financial support.
Candidates are evaluated based on their academic achievement, which must be on par with the highest standards of the world’s most prestigious doctoral scholarship programs. Future scholars must also demonstrate an ability to engage in lively exchange with other researchers and scholars, and have an expressed desire to contribute to public dialogue.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social Sciences.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Maximum three years.
Successful candidates and Ryerson University are notified of the competition results by late April 2018.
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canadian university OR
- Be a Canadian citizen applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a foreign university OR
- Be a foreign national applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canadian university.
- Present a research project linked to one of the Foundation’s four themes (Human rights and dignity; Responsible citizenship; Canada in the world; People and their natural environment).
- Be nominated by a university.
High academic standing (minimum GPA requirement A-).
- Annual value up to $60,000 (including an annual travel allowance of $20,000) per Scholar for a maximum of three years.
First Step: Interested students must complete and submit their electronic application package through the Trudeau Foundation website online application system by the internal deadline stated above. Create an account and follow instructions
Second Step: Once the applications have been verified, there is an internal-candidate selection process. The internal Trudeau committee will select the nominations to move forward in the selection process.
The Trudeau Foundation then perform their selection process comprised of the following stages:
- Evaluation of all application files by an internal committee and an External File Committee
- Approval of the finalists by the Application and Nomination Review Committee
- Final approval by the Foundation’s Board of Directors
Third Step: Successful candidates and Ryerson University are notified of the competition results by late April 2018.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rehab Ali/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team