February 15, 2020.
Poland, Pilecki Institute
Pilecki Fellowship | stypendium
The fellowship is awarded to both senior and junior researchers, representing disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, especially modern history, sociology, political science, international relations, law studies and political philosophy.
Fellowship recipients will be expected to participate in the Institute’s intellectual life, in particular: conduct research according to a submitted and accepted schedule, present their research project at one of the Institute’s seminars, participate in conferences and other scholarly events organized or co-organized by the Pilecki Institute, and submit a 8,000–10,000-word scholarly paper for publishing consideration.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- humanities and social sciences
- modern history
- political science
- international relations
- law studies
- political philosophy
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA, & ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Pilecki Fellows will be invited to spend a term of five or ten months between September 2020 and June 2021 at the Pilecki Institute in Warsaw; it may be possible to extend this time period depending on the project and circumstances.
Candidates for the Pilecki Junior Fellowships
- must currently be pursuing their doctoral degree at the dissertation stage or have recently obtained a PhD in an academic institution outside Poland in one of the academic disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.
- must have at least one publication, preferably in the area of Central/East European studies, Polish studies, Holocaust studies, totalitarianism, WW II or other related subjects.
- must speak fluent English (C1 and above).
Candidates for the Pilecki Senior Fellowship
- must hold a PhD/Doctoral degree in the humanities or social science from an academic institution outside of Poland and have at least 10 years of post-Doctoral research experience.
- must have a proven record of research and publications related to the above mentioned research areas.
- must speak fluent English (C1 and above).
Scholars planning to work on Poland-related matters who are not already fluent will be strongly advised to enter the Institute’s fully funded language programs to develop their command of Polish.
The complete application should contain:
- an academic curriculum vitae.
- a research project proposal, including research questions/problem, the aims of the project, research methods, the expected results and
an explanation of the importance of the research to its area of study (up to 1,000 words).
- list of publications.
- a schedule for the research work to be done in Poland, explaining why it is essential for the project and including a list of archives or other institutions to be consulted.
- in the case of junior fellowships, a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s academic supervisor or other scholars familiar with the applicants research/work. The reference letter should be sent directly by the referee from his/her official address to the following email address: [email protected]
- a Personal Data Protection statement (view the attached file)
- Senior Visiting Fellows will receive a stipend of EUR 3,000 per month.
- Junior Visiting Fellows EUR 2,000 per month to cover accommodation and living expenses in Warsaw and health insurance.
- The Pilecki Institute will provide office space, in-house research, and administrative facilities, internet access, as well as other services.
- Travel expenses for flying in-out as well as additional travel expenditures for project-related research trips will be covered by the Pilecki Institute.
First Step: You should complete the application form from here
Second Step: You shall submit your applications to the following email address: [email protected]
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications will be reviewed by a board of experts appointed by the Institute. Short-listed candidates will be invited to online interviews between February 24 and March 12.
- Candidates will be contacted individually to schedule the interview.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Fatma Zalat/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Basmala Tarek/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team