14 December 2018
The Rising Talent Fellowship Programme-Dublin City University
DCU has established the Rising Talent Fellowship Programme to recruit high-performing, globally competitive post-doctoral researchers seeking to develop their academic career. These prestigious appointments, at Assistant Professor grade, are an important component of DCU’s investment in research excellence and are designed to recruit and support our future research leaders. While successful candidates will have the opportunity to build their academic career by developing their teaching skills, the primary focus of the Rising Talent Programme is on excellence in research and on advancing the University’s research profile.
Following the successful completion of the three-year term, Fellows may have the opportunity to join the full-time academic staff of the University and you’ll have Mentor-ship and career development support.
The opportunity is to acquire teaching experience on DCU’s undergraduate or postgraduate programmes. Teaching activity will not normally be more than 50 hours per academic year which will give you a valuable experience at Ireland’s most innovative university, located in one of Europe’s most dynamic cities.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Six priority research themes reflect the core research strengths and concentrations of expertise in the University:
- Health technologies and the healthy society.
- Digital innovation and the digital society.
- Advanced manufacturing and materials.
- Sustainable economies and societies.
- Democratic and secure societies.
- Educational research and innovation.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Two to eight years Post-doctoral experience.
- Excellent research track record.
- Publications in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals of international standing.
- Experience of communicating research at a high profile, both nationally and internationally.
- Evidence of the potential to develop as a future research leader
The positions provide:
- A three-year contract of employment with a salary ranging from €46,807 to €49,600 per year.
Knowing that a student will spend approximately between €7,000 and €12,000 per year.
- Download your application
Completed application form together with a Curriculum Vitae (CV), which should demonstrate achievements in the following areas:
- Refereed publications (with information on citations and impact factors).
- Research funding secured.
- Knowledge transfer and outreach activities.
- Supervision of research students, if applicable
- A proposal (no longer than 1000 words) outlining a research plan to be undertaken over the course of the Fellowship, using the following sub-headings:
- Proposal Title.
- Background and Aims.
- Significance and Novelty.
- Approach and Methodology.
- Alignment with one or more of the six key research themes outlined previously (individuals with outstanding research records in areas outside these six themes will be considered).
- Potential to attract research funding.
- Submit your Proposal, CV, and a completed DCU Application Form to: [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Fathy Mohamed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Aya Gamal ElGeddawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team