31 July 2019.
Grants from the University of Fribourg Research placement, post-doctorate level.
Scholarships granted by the Rectorate of the University of Fribourg are for foreign researchers (with residence outside of Switzerland) to come and undertake a research stay at the post-doctoral level.
The University of Fribourg is a place where learning, research, employment and events all happen at the same time. Its innovative force makes it an important mover in the commercial and cultural life of the region. Since it attracts students and researchers from every part of Switzerland and from all over the world it has shaped life in the bilingual city of Fribourg since it was founded in 1889. Its wide range of course offerings, together with its comfortable size, make the University of Fribourg a place where interdisciplinary and personal contact is the order of the day.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Economics and Social Sciences:
- Communication and Media research.
- Non-Profit Management.
- Technology Management.
Art & Humanities:
- Historical Science.
- Languages and Literature.
- Social Science.
- Special Education.
- Commercial Law.
- Criminal law.
- Private and Public Law.
- Swiss Law.
- European Law.
- International Law.
Science & Medicine:
- Material Sciences.
- Oecumenical and Liturgical Studies.
- Church History, Ethics, Morals and Philosophy.
- Religionsand Religious Languages.
For more information about the research focus ares check the link.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
From 1 to a maximum of 3 months (no extension possible).
- To hold a doctoral degree completed within the last three years at a foreign university recognized by the University of Fribourg at the time of the deadline of the application.
- To be resident outside of Switzerland.
- To be employed or involved at a research centre in a foreign university.
- To submit a completed application in due time.
- Strong arguments in favor of a scholarship to complete the research at the University of Fribourg.
- Support and approval of a profess or of the University of Fribourg to accept the scholarship candidate in his/her research group.
- Approval of the goals for the stay by the professor accompanying the research and/or publication foreseen.
- CHF 2’700 / month, plus a contribution to travel allowance (max. CHF 400 with residency in Europe / max. CHF 1000 with residency outside of Europe).
First Step: Apply online here, After registration choose Post-Doctorat level and complete the application.
Second Step: After Finishing the application form, download your application form, Print it, then sign it and upload it again.
Third Step: You will be asked to upload those additional files:
- Completed application form and digital ID picture (JPEG Format).
- Curriculum vitae/Resume.
- Confirmation letter / mail by the professor of the University of Fribourg that accepts the candidate in his/her research group.
- Copy of the doctorate that has been achieved within the last three years.
- Confirmation of residence.
- Copy of the passport.
- Description of the research project at the University of Fribourg.
- Description of the necessity of the scholarship to complete the project.
- Copies of all publications or results of previous research projects on university level.
Note: The diplomas and official confirmations in the application-file have to be included as accredited copies of the originals or have to be translated, Languages accepted for the documents or translations are German, English, French and Italian. If the documents included are in a different language, only translations by an officially recognized translator are accepted and have to be accredited.
Fourth Step: Finalize the application form and submit it.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hesham Galal / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Eman Fadel Ali / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team