.October 31, 2019
.Scholarship for foreign students studying in Japanese graduate school
This scholarship is open to foreign students who study or plan to study in Japanese graduate school for doctoral or master’s degree from April 2020.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers number of scholarships for 15-20 students. Applicants may directly apply to the foundation without pre-selection by the university. Applicant will pass through three phases for selection and the final decision will be announced on March 31, 2020 on the foundation`s website.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- All fields are welcome.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
From 1 to 5 Years.
The period of the scholarship for the recipient is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree.
- The student who does not possess Japanese citizenship.
- The student must be enrolled by April 2020 or applying for the session starting from April 2020 at a graduate school in Japan.
- In principle, the student enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible for apply. However, student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply.
- The student applying for PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1984. Student applying for Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1989.
- The student should have a strong will to serve in his / her home country after graduation.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception).
- The scholarship recipient cannot gain employment other than part-time jobs related to his / her studies such as teaching assistant, research assistant, or related to international exchange affairs such as translators or interpreters while receiving our scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient is not permitted to receive any other scholarship in conjunction with the scholarship offered by our Foundation.
- Those whose enrollment period is shorter than one year are not eligible to apply.
- ¥200,000 per month for or 2 years.
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years.
- ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years.
- Travel grant to cover the expenses to attend an international conference, etc. will be provided to scholarship recipients, based on scholarship provision rules.
To know more about Guidelines click here and download the pdf file.
First Step: Confirm that you are eligible to apply.
Second Step: Enter “web application system” from here and fill up all the necessary information, and upload the required documents upload as PDF files,photocopied documents can also be used to be uploaded.
Documents required to be uploaded are:
- Academic transcript (In Japanese or English; please attach a translation in case of other languages.),Academic transcript of undergraduate course (Required). If you transferred into the university from the College of technology (kōsen school system), the transcript of it is also required.
- Research Plan: Use the designated template and write in Japanese language. The three-page-template of MS Word file is available in the official website for this opportunity. (To know how to design your plan you can explore more information in the guideline PDF.
- A recommendation letter from the supervisor: Please get the recommendation letter describing the your academic performances, personal characteristics evaluation, future potential etc. You can also get the recommendation letter from the previous supervisor in your country, if the recommender is more familiar with his / her academic background.
- The number of sheets and formats are not designated, but please attach a translation if it is written in the languages other than English or Japanese.
- Documents that prove admission, such as an admission letter, a letter of acceptance etc. Please upload the certificate of enrollment only if you are already enrolling in the graduate school.
- The data you have input in “web application system” can be rewritten or replaced any times until October 31, 2019. The latest data is automatically overwritten.
- Once the documents are submitted, the application number will be issued, and PDF of your application form will be created. Please save the PDF file as you will need it when the result is announced on our website.
Third Step: the applicant will pass through three selection phases:
- First selection: Screening of documents: The result of the first selection will be announced by January 31, 2020. The application numbers of awarded candidates will be posted on our website.
- Second selection: Interview: Conducted in early February 2020, in Tokyo.For those who are unable to come physically to the interview venue, the interview is conducted via Skype.
- Final decision of scholarship award: March 31, 2020.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Basmala Tarek/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mohamed Magdi Eweda / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team