16 August 2019.
Postdoc in Experimental Nanophotonics in Denmark
The research field of the postdoc is experimental nanophotonics. Are you fascinated by ultrafast light-matter interaction in nanostructures? Do you like to use advanced laser techniques to look “behind the curtains” in order to understand the physics? Do you get triggered by new physical insights to think of new device possibilities? If so, you may just be the right person to join the team of experimentalists, nanofabrication experts and theoreticians.
Responsibilities and tasks
Your main task will be experimental investigations of active semiconductor nanostructures. Together with nanofabrication experts you will design new structures and devices and the experimental results will be interpreted in collaboration with theoreticians. A main goal is to perform measurements of the material and device dynamics on the 100-femtosecond timescale using optical pump-probe techniques.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Photonics or electrical engineering.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
2 years with possibility for extension.
- Candidates should have a PhD degree in physics, photonics or electrical engineering.
- Have a solid background in experimental photonics.
- Interest and familiarity with theoretical modelling is a further advantage.
- The appointment will be based on the AC collective agreement with the Danish Confederation.
- The workweek is 37 hours, and the salary before taxes will be minimum DKK 34.080 per month excluding pension contribution, and DKK 39.900 per month including pension.
First Step: prepare these documents:
- Application (cover letter).
- One-page document expressing the main research interests of the applicant.
- Diploma (MSc/PhD).
- List of publications.
Second Step: Open the link “ Apply online ” then submit materials in English in one PDF file.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Sanaa Allam/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hesham Galal / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team