January 31, 2019.
Postdoctoral Scholar — Chinese Studies — Center for Chinese Studies
The Center for Chinese Studies at UC Berkeley is pleased to invite applications for a one-year full-time postdoctoral fellowship. The term of the appointment is August 1, 2019 to July 31, 2020.
The Fellowship is intended to foster the academic careers of recent Ph.D’s and to allow the revision of the dissertation for publication, or for research on a new project.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will give a public lecture on their research as part of the Center for Chinese Studies Colloquium Series, and they are expected to take part in regular Center for Chinese Studies events and workshops. The Fellow will be provided with office space, library privileges and a salary that starts at $49,188 but may vary depending on experience, plus benefits.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Chinese Studies
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Applicants must have their Ph.D. or equivalent degree in hand by their start date.
- At the time of application, the basic minimum qualification is the completion of all degree requirements except the dissertation in Chinese studies or a closely related field.
- Candidates may have no more than four years of post-PhD research experience prior to the appointment start date.
- A certified copy of the Ph.D. certificate is required before the appointment can go into effect.
- The Fellow will be provided with office space, library privileges.
- A salary that starts at $49,188 but may vary depending on experience, plus benefits.
Please Fill in the Application Form, then Submit.
- Curriculum Vitae – with a list of publications
- Research Proposal – no longer than two pages, double-spaced
- English-language writing sample – (such as a partial dissertation chapter) no longer than 20 pages, double-spaced
- Dissertation table of contents
- 2 letters of reference required
Note: Candidates who do not yet hold a Ph.D. but expect to by August 1, should supply a letter from their home institution confirming their schedule to completion
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Alaa Faramawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team