30 November 2018.
Socio-Environmental Immersion Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2019.
The National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC), located in Annapolis, Maryland, invites applications from early career scholars (≤ 4 years post PhD) for two-year postdoctoral fellowships that begin August 2019.
Each Fellow works with a Collaborating Mentor of their choosing that extends the Fellow’s current network of collaborators; the mentor may be affiliated with any organization or institution. Fellows are in residence at SESYNC full time but are provided travel funds to interact with their mentor and attend conferences. Successful candidates will use synthesis methods to address a problem arising from, or associated with, the relationship between humans and nature. Priority will be given to projects that have the potential to advance understanding of socio-environmental systems, but the information synthesized may be primarily social or environmental in nature, or some mix. SESYNC particularly encourages applications from candidates who will take advantage of ecological or geoscience data sets, ongoing experiments, or modeling results, especially if they wish to link their work with social data or theory.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Environmental Science.
- Social Sciences.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Applicants may hold a doctor degree in any natural, physical, or social science discipline.
- To be eligible for the program, candidates must have received their doctoral degrees within four years prior to the start of the fellowship appointment (no earlier than June 15, 2015, and no later than July 1, 2019).
- Candidates who are offered a fellowship but do not complete their Ph.D. by July 1, 2019, will have to reapply.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. International applicants are welcome to apply; however, please note that we follow University of Maryland visa procedures and requirements; visas are not guaranteed.
- Appointments will be through the University of Maryland, and fellowship awardees will be based full-time at SESYNC’s facilities in Annapolis, Maryland.
- The fellowship provides a competitive annual stipend, full University of Maryland employee benefits, and a small annual travel allowance to attend meetings or to meet with collaborators.
- SESYNC Collaborating Mentors will also receive support to travel to SESYNC to work with the Fellow.
First Step: To start your application filling here.
Second Step: Applications must be submitted as a single PDF, using single spacing, 12-pt type fonts, and 1-inch margins with all sections in the following order:
- Cover Sheet.
- Research Proposal.
- Status of Synthesis Material.
- Anticipated Cyberinfrastructure Needs.
- Interdisciplinary Goals.
- Full CV of the Applicant.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team