30th June 2019.
Postdoc Fellowship in Protein Chemistry at the university of Copenhagen 2019
Department of Food Science is offering a postdoc within milk protein chemistry with focus on mass spectrometry and proteomics
The position is part of two research projects supported by Innovation Fund Denmark (the SPRING project) and the Green Development and Demonstration programme (GUDP) under the Ministry of Environment and Food of Denmark (the INFANT-I project).
- The successful candidate will focus on characterisation of protein modifications induced by various processing conditions (such as light exposure and heat treatments) with high resolution mass spectrometry and proteomics.
- Mass spectrometry experiments will be performed in collaboration with Associate Professor Adelina Rogowska-Wrzesinska at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry or an equivalent.
- Knowledge about milk protein chemistry.
- Expertise in chromatographic, electrophoretic and spectroscopic techniques
- Hands-on experience with protein and peptide mass spectrometry using Thermo Scientific orbitrap-based mass spectrometers including maintenance of these instruments
- Hands-on experience with software for protein and peptide identification and quantification, including modified and disulphide-linked peptides, including MaxQuant, Proteome Discoverer and Skyline
- Experience with (photo)oxidation and cross-linking of proteins.
- Experience with mass spectrometry-based analysis of Maillard-induced protein modifications.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required for team work across disciplines and with industry partners.
- Ability to work independently and deliver results within deadlines.
- The postdoc’s duties will include research within protein chemistry as well as teaching to a limited extent.
- Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically.
please include the following documents with the application
- Cover letter describing your motivation for the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas and transcripts of grades (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Sanaa Allam/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mustafa Abdelshafy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team