31 August 2018.
Postdoctoral position in Integrative Neurophysiology – with a focus on data analyses.
We are announcing a postdoc position in Integrative Neurophysiology at the Department of Integrative Medical Biology. The current position is in Associate Professor Per Petersson’s research group.
In particular, we study how the cerebral cortex and the basal ganglia interact in order to control motor actions, both under normal conditions and in an individual afflicted by Parkinson’s disease. Our research is truly interdisciplinary and this is reflected by the different academic backgrounds in our research group – including medicine, physics/engineering, biology etc. The specific project has a focus on analyses of electrophysiological signals that are recorded from hundreds of chronically implanted microelectrodes in behaving mice, rats and primates. The applicant is expected to be able to work both independently and as a part of the research team.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The position is for two years.
Start date: negotiable (Oct 2018 – Jan 2019).
- Eligible to apply are individuals with a PhD or equivalent scientific skills.
- Priority will be given to applicants who graduated within three years before the application deadline.
- A successful candidate has a PhD from a field of research relevant to the project.
- Good mathematical understanding and programming skills are required, together with an ability to communicate in written and spoken scientific English.
- Previous experience of analyses of local field potentials and single unit activity will be considered a strong merit.
- The existing analyses tools are largely written in Matlab code, thus experience of programming in Matlab will also be considered a merit.
First Step: You must create an account to fill the application here.
Second Step: Application for the fellowship should include:
- A brief cover letter (about one page) that describes the applicant’s research experience, research interests, and suitability for the project.
- Curriculum vitae including information about academic degrees (with verifications), technical expertise, employments, list of publications, and names and contact information for two references.
Know more about this opportunity:
For more information, contact Associate Professor Per Petersson, e-mail: [email protected], Department of Integrative Medical Biology, Umeå University.
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Salma Aladdin/ Egypt”
“Yara Yasser/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team