22 May 2019.
Oxford, United Kingdom.
Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Control Systems – University of Oxford – Department of Engineering Science
University of Oxford are seeking a full-time Postdoctoral Research Assistant to join the Control Group at the Department of Engineering in Central Oxford. The post is funded by Innovate UK on Project Local Energy Oxfordshire (Project LEO).
The successful candidate will join a world-class multi-institution team and be part of a project delivering transformative integrated smart local energy systems to maximise prosperity from local energy systems and demonstrate new value creation opportunities. You will be responsible for design and implementation of algorithms for optimal control and scheduling for energy systems using optimisation-based scheduling techniques.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
– Computer Science
– Environmental science
– Mathematical studies
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Until the end of March 2022
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Contract
- You should hold (or be near to completion of) a PhD/DPhil, in engineering, physics, mathematics, or other related area.
- You will have a strong understanding of numerical optimisation theory and algorithms, including optimisation-based scheduling and control methods.
- and have excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop models of energy systems
- Ability to manage own academic research and associated activities
- Previous experience of contributing to publications/presentations
- Ability to contribute ideas for new research projects and research income generation
- Experience of embedded programming and open-source software development
- Practical experience with numerical experimentation, using Python, Julia or a similar language
- The opportunity offers a salary of: £32,236 to £39,609 per annum.
First Step: Create an account on the university website and fill in the application form which will ask for:
- Upload a covering letter clearly describing how your skillset matches the essential and desired criteria of this advertised position
- Upload your CV
- The details of two referees as part of your online application
Second Step: Submit your application. (Please upload all documents as PDF files with your name and the document type in the filename.)
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rokaia Yasser / Egypt“
Reviewed by “ Salma Aittaleb / Morocco ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team