Monday, July 29th, 2019.
Postdoctoral Researchers’ Networking Tour 2019
The Postdoctoral Researchers’ Networking Tour 2019 offers insightful on-site visits to universities, research institutes and companies in the field of Industry 4.0, the German government’s initiative to promote the development of data-driven, AI-powered, and connected “smart factories”.
Germany is the fourth largest economy in the world and Europe’s largest industrial producer. In 2016 Germany’s industrial output totalled US$1.050 trillion (worldatlas.com). Researchers and industrial partners in Germany build on a profound and long-standing expertise in handling production processes, and on a wealth of data related to these processes. The existing data provides an ideal test bed for studying and integrating new digital and industrial processes. Research in this field is highly sought after and implementing these processes will be of critical importance for future industrial development. This is true not only for large companies but for enterprises of all sizes given that Germany’s industrial output depends to a large extent on a multitude of small and medium sized companies.
This year’s Postdoctoral Researchers’ Networking Tour offers a comprehensive and enjoyable opportunity to study important aspects of Industry 4.0, including the close cooperation between academy and industry as well as examples of practical implementation.
Travelling together throughout Germany, the tour’s participants will be offered a close look at the front line of state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 research. At the same time, the tour will inform about interesting research cooperation and employment opportunities. Participating researchers will be able to exchange their ideas with other participants from all over the world, with representatives from German academia and industry, and with us.
Receive first-hand information by meeting top scientists during on-site visits to:
- Research Institutes
- Private Companies
Obtain insight into top notch research projects
Face-to-face discussions with experts to find out more about:
- The German research system
- German industry
- Funding opportunities
- The job markets
- The employers’ perspective
- Application procedures for jobs and funding
Furthermore, you will benefit from numerous networking opportunities with Representatives from business and academia, The other tour participants.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Industrial Design
- Manufacturing and Production
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
22.09.2019 (Aachen): Opening speech and welcome.
23.09.2019 (Aachen): RWTH Aachen University: Cluster of Excellence “Internet of Production” (IoP)
24.09.2019 (Dortmund): TU Dortmund: ML2R – The Competence Center Machine Learning Rhine-Ruhr.
(Verl): Beckhoff Automation GmbH.
(Lemgo):SmartFactoryOWL( an open research and demonstration platform for digital transformation.)
(Berlin): Federal Ministry of Education and Research: World Café on funding and job opportunities.
(Potsdam): U Potsdam: Research and Application Centre Industry 4.0.
27.09.2019 (Berlin): Siemens( the largest industrial manufacturing company in Europe )
28.09.2019 (Berlin): Departure.
Applicants should have:
- Obtained their PhD/doctorate no longer than 5 years ago and have not been living in Germany or affiliated to a German institution within the previous 12 months.
- Been researching in a subject area corresponding to the focus of the tour.
- Demonstrated high productivity and quality in their scientific work. This should be clearly documented in the list of publications (journal/conference proceedings), patents and other achievements.
- A genuine interest in taking the next step in their career in Germany and be able to demonstrate this (e.g. former or current cooperation, specific career demands).
- exhibited drive and determination, initiative and a willingness to play a role in shaping the future.
- There is no preference for a specific specialization in the field of “Industry 4.0” or the orientation towards a specific career path. However, we will ensure that a spectrum of research orientations and career plans is represented in the group, in correspondence to the institutions we will visit. This will help to ensure a dynamic and stimulating exchange of experiences, perspectives and information within the group of participants.
- Coverage of all programme-related costs in Germany (accommodation, domestic travel, most meals).
- A lump sum travel allowance (for travel to Germany) if such costs are not covered by a third party. This will also be provided if the stay is extended by up to five working days in order to allow for additional professional networkin.
First Step:The application process will require:
- your brief CV.
- Contact information of one professional reference person.
- Your H-index (based on Google Scholar), and the bibliometric data of three of your most important publications.
Second Step: Asking you to provide some information on your scientific profile. We focus on aspects relevant for our selection criteria, e.g:
- Scientific excellence (productivity, quality, creativity).
- Substantial interest in following a career in Germany.
- Drive and courage, initiative and a marked willingness to play a role in shaping the future.
A pdf version of the application form is also here (PDF, 1.1 MB).We suggest that you read the application carefully before completing the online form. We have tried to keep the form as short as possible and to focus on the information needed for the selection process. In addition to the application you will need to upload a copy of your CV and a publication list.
For any question contact us at [email protected].
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hanine Aymen/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mohamed Magdi Eweda / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team