31 October 2018.
Postdoctoral Research Program.
The Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research program is the premier program in the world for those dedicated to a better understanding of critical scientific and social issues in global sustainable development. Earth Institute Postdoctoral Researchers will join multidisciplinary teams of outstanding, committed scientists from across the Earth Institute and Columbia University.
The program provides innovative postdoctoral scholars with the opportunity to build a foundation in one of the core disciplines represented within the Earth Institute (i.e. social, earth, biological, engineering, and health sciences), while at the same time acquiring the breadth of cross-disciplinary expertise needed to address critical issues related to sustainable development.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Earth Sciences
- Social science
More information about the institute’s research centers Here.
And Research themes and Foundation Here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
All Postdocs are appointed for twenty-four months.
- Candidates must have received their doctoral degrees (Ph.D., M.D. or J.D.) within five years prior to the start of the appointment.
- People holding current positions with rank above post-doctoral scientist are not eligible for appointment under university rules.
- Those holding current post-doc positions should contact the office to determine eligibility.
- The program is open to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens.
- Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Postdocs will receive:
- An annual salary of $65,560.
- A research stipend of $12,000 over the two-year term for reimbursable expenses related to the appointment.
- These funds can be used for relocation and moving expenses, as well as for computer, travel, conference, journal, book, software, equipment, and other research costs.
- The Earth Institute does not provide housing allocation for postdoctoral researchers.
First Step: To apply to the program candidates must submit the following documents through the Online registration Process:
- Online Application.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Brief Personal History.
- Research Proposal.
- 3 Recommendation Letters (required by November 9, 2018, 5 p.m. EST.).
More details about Application requirements Here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Basant Hatem /Egypt “
Reviewed by” Nashwa Attallah/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team