15 November 2019
Postdoctral Position in biological physics at the Niels Bohr Institute – University of Copenhagen
The university seeks to recruit a postdoctoral researcher in biological physics to work on a funded project, led by Associate Professor Namiko Mitarai. The project aims to uncover the unexplored physiology of bacterial extremely slow growth and to understand its eventual universal properties both experimentally and theoretically.
The university is a Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Biological physics.
- Statistical physics.
- Quantitative biology.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- The applicant should have an experience with one or several of the following areas: biological physics, statistical physics, quantitative biology, microbiology.
- The applicants should have received a recent Ph.D. in the above mentioned or related field by the start of the position.
- The applicant should have Relevant techniques include experimental microbiology and microscopy as well as computational and theoretical analysis of biological systems, dynamical systems, and stochastic models.
- The starting salary is currently up to DKK 426.625 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 72.952). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
First Step: Make sure that you have all required documents:
- Diplomas (PhD degree; if PhD is pending, Master or equivalent degree)
- Brief (up to 2 pages) statement of past research and future goals.
- Complete publication list.
- Full contact details (name, affiliation, telephone & email) of 2-3 professional referees.
Second Step: Fill out the online application form and upload the required files by clicking on “APPLY NOW“.
Third Step: After finishing the application click on “Send application“.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Marwan Abdelaal/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amina Hamed / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team