Last Day to Apply: 31 August 2018 (For round 1)
Last Day to Enroll: 30 June 2019 (for round 1)
Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI)
Adelaide Scholarships International are available in the three scholarship rounds to outstanding international applicants from any country who have a First Class Honours result or equivalent, to support their study towards a Higher Degree by Research.
At Adelaide, cutting-edge innovation takes place amidst a rich history of excellence spanning more than 140 years. Bright young minds learn alongside internationally recognized leaders in their fields. Global research impact is achieved hand-in-hand with outstanding graduate career outcomes.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Environmental & Mining Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
- Mathematical Sciences.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Public Health.
- Social Sciences.
- Architecture and Built Environment.
- Agriculture, Food & Wine.
- Animal & Veterinary Sciences.
- Biological Sciences.
- Physical Sciences.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Round 1, 2019:
Last Day to Apply: 31 August 2018
Last Day to Enroll: 30 June 2019
Round 2, 2019:
Last Day to Apply: 15 February 2019
Last Day to Enroll: 31 August 2019
Note: Successful scholarship applicants in round 2 will be required to commence studies by 31 August; however if the applicant only holds an offer for admission for the semester 1 intake s/he will be required to commence studies by 30 June.
Round 3, 2019:
Last Day to Apply: 30 April 2019
Last Day to Enroll: 30 November 2019
- In order to be eligible applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrollment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
- Candidates are required to enroll in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrollment in the University.
- Candidates who have applied for Australian permanent resident status can apply for ASI scholarships.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
- Scholarships holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered.
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international scholarship round, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the following international scholarship round, assuming they hold a valid offer of candidature for that intake. An applicant who has been considered in 2 rounds cannot be reconsidered in any future scholarship rounds.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrollment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only).
- An annual living allowance ($27,082 in 2018) for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only).
First Step: You must register here to start your application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team