23 March 2019.
President’s PhD Scholarships
Imperial College London offers PHD scholarships which aims to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
If you are a high performing undergraduate or Master’s student and have a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at a world class research institution, you could be selected to receive full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London. The President’s PhD Scholarships aims to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
Opportunities for PhD funding via this scheme are extremely competitive, with higher than usual eligibility requirements. Applicants should be confident that they are able to demonstrate outstanding academic performance before applying for this scholarship scheme. Previous successful recipients of the scholarship have ranked highly in their class, often achieving grades of 85% or higher in their degree(s).
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
3.5 years .
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project. Please note that supervisors are limited to supervise one scholar at any time. Please review the President’s PhD Scholarships – Unavailable Supervisors page for more information. Please note: current registered Imperial PhD students are not eligible to be considered for a President’s PhD Scholarship. The scheme is only open to new PhD applications.
- You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
The scholarship covers:
- Full funding for tuition fees.
- A stipend of £21,000 per annum to assist with living costs.
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study.
- A programme of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School.
First Step: Create an account through this link.
Second Step: Submit the following documents:
- Copy of your certificates and transcripts.
- Contacts with 2 references.
- Personal statement explaining in brief your planned research project.( Max two pages).
NOTE:To be considered for the President’s PhD Scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Belkiss Zroud/ Tunisia “
Reviewed by” Shaimaa Abdelmoneim/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team