April 30th, 2020
Hat Yai, Thailand
The 2020 PSU-Faculty of Medicine International Student Graduate Scholarships
To support, strengthen and internationalize the graduate programs, the faculty of medicine at the Prince of Songkla University announces the 2020 PSU-Faculty of Medicine International Student Graduate Scholarships (PSU-Med ISG Scholarships) for excellent international students to study in the graduate medical programs.
- Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University realizes that a graduate program is a very important foundation for knowledge creation and high-quality research publications. The graduate program is also a key for international collaboration and academic internationalization.
- Graduate studies at Prince of Songkla University started in 1979. At present, the graduate School offers 112 Master’s Degree and 56 Ph.D. programs at its five campuses.
- The number of available scholarships: four, one for each of the offered specialties.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Health Science
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Master’s degree: 2 years
Doctoral degree: 3 years
- Admission fee is 600 baht almost 18$.
- This scholarship is for the international Masters and Ph.D. students with good academic records and research experience.
- Eligibility is restricted to new graduate students who are expecting to begin his/her studies at Prince of Songkla University in semester 1/2020 (July 2020).
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree (for Master’s) or Master’s degree (for Ph.D.). The subject in which the previous degree was obtained must match and fulfill the requirements of the program’s curriculum.
- The applicant must not be a recipient of another scholarship that covers living expenses during the same period.
- The applicant must pass an officially recognized English language examination (TOEFL PBT score of 550, CBT score of 213, IBT score of 79 OR IELTS score of 6.0).
- The applicant may choose only one program to apply for.
- The scholar must be a full-time student with a non-immigrant “ED” visa (Study Permit).
- The scholar must pass the proposal examination in a second semester for the master’s degree and in a third semester for the Ph.D. degree.
- Once an applicant has been accepted for a particular program of study, the scholar is expected to complete that program of study within the given time frame and cannot change to a different program of study.
- To fulfill the scholarship requirements, the scholar must publish his/her dissertation in a reputable, peer-reviewed international journal(s) indexed in Web of Science (with ISI impact factor) at least 1 publication, and must follow the graduate requirements of each graduate program.
- The scholar must report the progress of his/her study to the Faculty of Medicine every 6 months.
- The scholar must study and perform the research thesis with an endeavor.
- Other terms apply as established by the Faculty of Medicine.
- The scholar entering Thailand on a tourist visa cannot enroll and may have his/her scholarship canceled.
- If the scholar has no progress in his/her study or thesis without proper reasons, the committee of each graduate program has to inform the Faculty of Medicine to terminate a scholarship.
- The monthly allowance (currently 10,000 Baht, approx. 300 US$) that covers housing and living expenses.
- Tuition fee.
- A travel expense to and from the home country at the beginning and the end of the scholarship term respectively (not more than 15,000 Baht, approx. 450 US$).
- Coverage of health and accident insurance during the period of scholarship in Thailand (90 US$).
Note: If the applicant is on the study leave from the organization, company or government section and the applicant still receives the salary from the applicant’s affiliation, the scholarship will not cover the monthly allowance.
Apply through the online application form.
Upload the following documents via the PSU Graduate School website:
- A copy of and English proficiency certificate (valid within 2 years)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A certified copy of the transcript of records for bachelor’s/master’s degree study with grades and grade point average in English
- Statement of purpose (about 800 words)
- The first page of published publications
- Research description/plan
- A copy of the mail passport page
- A medical certificate (in English)
Note: the graduate programs of the faculty of medicine reserve the right to reject an application if the required documents are not complete.
For the committee to review the application and consider the student for granting a scholarship, The applicant must choose “Others” for Source of Funding and fill:
“Apply for PSU Faculty of Medicine International Student Scholarships (PSW-Med ISG Scholarships)”.
- The selection committee will make an announcement of the successful candidates on the graduate school website in June 2020.
- For information about the scholarship and other inquiries, please contact Ms. Narumol Sahabodee at [email protected].
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Ranya Al-Jumaili/ Iraq“
Reviewed by” Eslam Elfouly / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team