30 September 2019.
QUT Postgraduate Research Award (QUTPRA) (International)
A scholarship for current and future postgraduate research students.The University is aiming to build research excellence by supporting students of exceptional research potential with QUTPRAs. The number of QUTPRAs offered varies from year to year. In 2019 over 100 QUTPRA scholarships were awarded.
Your scholarship will end when you submit your thesis, or at the end of the award’s tenure, whichever comes first.
Read the terms and conditions for this scholarship.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Depending on the faculty you’ll be studying in, you will have to meet specific eligibility criteria.
Creative Industries Faculty.
- Digital media, communication and culture.
- Innovation in the performing and digital arts.
- Sustainability and innovation in design.
Faculty of Education.
- Childhood in changing contexts.
- Teacher education and professional learning.
- Literacies, language, texts and technologies.
- STEM education.
- Student engagement, learning and behaviour.
Faculty of Health.
- Behavioural neuroscience and mental health.
- Chronic conditions, including cancer.
- Healthy lifestyles, ageing and environments.
- Emergency care and health services.
- Infection and injury prevention.
Faculty of Law.
- Commercial and property law.
- Crime and justice.
- Health law.
- Intellectual property and innovation law.
- International law and global governance.
QUT Business School.
- Accountability, regulation and governance.
- Consumers, markets and stakeholders.
- Economics and finance.
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and strategy.
- Non-profit and social enterprise.
- Organisation and work.
Science and Engineering Faculty.
- Chemistry, physics and mechanical engineering.
- Civil engineering and built environment.
- Earth environmental and biological sciences.
- Electrical engineering and computer science.
- Information systems.
- Mathematical sciences.
For more information about the areas of study check here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Applicant must meet the admission criteria for a PhD, which include:
- A completed Australian Bachelor first class or second class Division A honours degree1 or equivalent, OR: A completed overseas qualification comparable to the educational level of an Australian Bachelor Degree1:
- With a duration of normally no less than 4 years AND•an overall GPA comparable to 5.0 on a 7-point scale (where pass = 4).
- Containing a significant and major thesis, dissertation, design project or creative work that has been examined by at least two examiners OR has a grade comparable to 5.0 on a 7-point scale.
- OR: A completed Australian Masters by Research Degree or overseas qualification comparable to the educational level of an Australian Masters Degree (by Research)4:
- OR:A completed Australian Masters by Coursework or Professional Doctorate or overseas qualification comparable to the educational level of an Australian Masters by Coursework or Professional Doctorate1:
- With greater than 25% research AND
- An overall GPA of at least 5.0 on a 7-point scale.
- Applicant must apply for and be accepted into a PhD or professional doctorate.
- This scholarship is not available for masters students.
- QUT Postgraduate Research Award Scholarships are not Australian Government funded scholarships. Applicants and any dependents are not exempt from visa application fees under this scholarship.
- A living allowance for three years, indexed annually ($27,596 in 2019).
- The scholarship is for full-time students, and can be used to support living costs.
- International students may also receive:a research degree tuition fee sponsorship.
First Step: Check your course information entry requirements.
for all international applicants, Check if you need to use a QUT official representative to lodge your application from here. Some agents may charge a fee.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Eman Morsy \ Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Hesham Galal / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team