15 September 2018 (5:00 pm Beirut time).
Applying online while destination varies.
Wijhat international mobility fund for artists and cultural actors.
Wijhat (Destinations) is a program developed by Culture Resource to address these concerns, by merging the Mawa3eed and Tajwaal programs. It is designed to serve artists and cultural actors in the Arab region by offering grants of up to 8,000 US Dollars to support travel both within and outside the Arab region, thereby enabling the grantees to present their works to new audiences and to engage in new and diverse inter- and intra-Arab cultural exchange experiences.
Wijhat aims to contribute to raising awareness of arts and culture from the Arab region, both regionally and internationally, by supporting the regional or international travels of artists and cultural actors from the region. The program offers artists the opportunity to take part in cultural events and activities and present their work to diverse audiences in wider regional and/or international contexts, to exchange knowledge and expertise with peers, and/or to build their professional capacities.
Culture Resource aspires to make this support available to artists and cultural actors from all parts of the Arab region while ensuring geographic and gender diversity as much as possible.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Visual arts.
- Performance arts.
English or Arabic .
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, IRAN, COMOROS.
- The grantees are announced on 31 October
- The grant must be used within 12 months after its announcement.
- The applicant must be from an Arab country.
- The applicant does not necessarily have to reside in an Arab country, but the country of departure or arrival must be an Arab country.
- The grant is available for groups as well as individuals.
- The program targets artists from all disciplines: visual arts, performance arts, literature, music, etc.
- The program targets cultural actors whether working independently or as members or staff of cultural initiatives or organizations.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old; otherwise, applications must be submitted by an adult on their behalf, with a written consent from their parents or guardians.
- Ticket costs.
- Visa costs.
- Accommodation and partial support for living expenses.
- A recommendation letter from Culture Resource to the relevant embassy in order to support the visa application, if necessary.
First Step: Download the application form here.
- An official invitation from a partner or host in the country of destination. (Note: In the event of the lack of a formal invitation, the application may still be accepted and assessed, but on the condition that the applicant provides another proof of acceptance, in principle, to take part in the intended activity).
- Photocopy of passport (the first two pages).
- A detailed budget for the trip.
- The program of the intended activity (i.e. a program of the festival or conference schedule) should the program be available at the time of application.
- A detailed CV for individual applicants, or a bio and an introduction to/description of the applying group. In both cases, the application should include a list of samples of previous works.
- Previous works that are in digital form (text or visual material) can be sent in one of the following ways: as a single PDF file, Word or Zipped file (not exceeding 4 MB), or as 4 JPEG files (of no more than 1 MB per file). If the previous works are audio or audiovisual recordings, include the website links where these works can be found.
Fill it out and send it to [email protected]
Click here to know more about application instructions, application rules and how grantees are selected.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Islam Abo Essa/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rehab Ali/ Egypt ”
” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team