Friday, November 29, 2019 (11:59pm EST).
Application for Visiting Fellow – The Niehaus Center for Globalization and Governance (NCGG)
- The Niehaus Center for Globalization and Governance (NCGG) at Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs seeks up to eight visitors for the 2020-2021 academic year Visiting Fellowship Program.
- These awards are designed to promote basic research in the broad areas of international and comparative political economy, international organization and global governance, and globalization.
- Research on the causes and consequences of globalization, the political economy of foreign trade, monetary and regulatory policies, the sources of international cooperation at the global and regional level, the domestic and international politics of economic development, the political economy of human security issues, the evolution and impact of international institutions, and the politics of international law and human rights policies is of relevance.
More than 650 new graduate students were welcomed to campus this week. The master’s and doctoral candidates represent the most diverse group of incoming graduate students to Princeton University — among the students from the United States, 43% are minorities and 28% identify as low-income or first-generation college students.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- political science
- modern history
- and other disciplines bearing on the study of globalization
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
One academic year.
(September 1, 2020 – July 1, 2021).
- Applicants are required to hold a Ph.D. in one of the above mentioned disciplines. To apply, please provide the following:
- *Cover letter explaining the candidate’s scholarly career, prospective or actual doctoral defense date, and academic interests;
- *Current curriculum vitae including publications;
- *2,000-word description of the proposed research project, including its specific objectives, importance, and research design;
- *One writing sample (limit of 100 pages);
- *Contact information for three references, who will be asked to comment specifically on the applicant’s qualifications for the proposed research project. Referees will be contacted directly by email with instructions for submitting a confidential recommendation on your behalf. Letters of reference are to be submitted by the end of business day on Thursday, December 5, 2019. Complete your application well before the deadline so that references can be submitted in a timely manner.
- Candidates who hold positions at academic institutions may also be required to submit:
*Home institution policy with regard to sabbatical pay;
*A confidential statement indicating salary for the current academic year (September 2019 – July 1, 2020).
Salary – Rank and salary will be contingent on qualifications. NCGG Fellows will receive applicable Princeton University benefits, a taxable moving allowance, and a $5,000 research fund.
- The form must be completed to submit your application for this position.
- It is recommended that you read through the entire application and gather the required application materials before beginning your application. You will not be able to save or return to edit a partial application. Only complete applications will be accepted for consideration and the application form must be completed in its entirety before it can be submitted.
- Upon submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email at the email address that you provide in your application. In some cases, your references may be contacted using the email address that you provide for them and may be asked to provide their recommendation via a web-based form similar to the application form.
- Be sure to provide the correct email addresses for you and all of your references to ensure that communications from Princeton University are properly delivered.
By submission of that application, You certify that you have read and agree with these statements.
Please click the “submit” button once. Depending on the size of your uploaded file(s), this step may take a few minutes. You will be sent to a confirmation page when the application is complete.
For more information send an email to [email protected] or call 609-258-2925 .
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mennatullah Ayman \ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amina Hamed / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team