February 15, 2019
International Scholar Exchange Fellowship (ISEF)
KFAS (Korea Foundation for Advanced Studies) invites approximately 50 Asian scholars to Korea every year for a mid / long-term project in collaboration with professors and researchers at leading universities and academic institutions in Korea.
Korea Foundation for Advanced Studies is in the second phase of its 100- year academic plan. During the first 30-year phase, the primary objective was to cultivate world-class scholars to contributes to the academic development of Korea. This program is designed not only to support individual scholars’ research, but also to enhance academic mutual understanding and promote cooperation and development in Asia.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social sciences & Humanities (Economics, Business, Political Science, Public Administration, Law, Sociology, Education, Psychology, Anthropology, Communications, Geography, History, Philosophy and Literature)
- Energy related fields (Petrochemistry, Petrochemical Engineering and related fields)
- IT-related fields (Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science and related fields)
- Life science (Biochemistry, biotechnology, ecology, immunology, genetic engineering etc.)
English / Korean
IRAQ, IRAN & OTHER ASIAN COUNTRIES.
- One year : September 1 ~ August 31
- Six months : September 1 ~ February 28 or March 1 ~ August 31
- University faculty and institution researchers from eligible countries who have a doctoral degree.
- Applicants, in principle, must be 50 years old or less.
- They should have no disqualifying health problems to conduct research.
Those not eligible:
- Persons already conducting research in Korea.
- Persons whose prime interest is to teach in Korea.
- Monthly research stipend of 3,000,000 KRW (approximately 2,600 USD)
– A one-time grant of 1,000,000 KRW after submitting the final research paper at the end of the fellowship.
- Publication Incentives
– 2,000~5,000 USD (for an article published in journals registered at SSCI, AHCI, SCI)
– 1,000 USD (for an article published in journals registered at the National Research Foundation of Korea)
- Initial Settlement Support : A one-time payment of 1,000,000 KRW
- Round trip Airfare : Economy-class round trip airfare between the airport nearest to the fellow’s place of residence and Seoul
- Medical Insurance
– National health insurance upon request
– Accident insurance
First Step: Confirmation of eligibility
Second Step: Register at KFAS homepage Here.
Third Step: Completion of online application form Here, (fill out the required information and upload prepared research proposal and your photo.)
Forth Step: Submission of supplementary documents
- 2 recommendation letters
- 2 research samples (i.e. books or research papers)
- Certificate of Employment
- Letter of Research Affiliation(if available at the time of application)
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Lubna Albadawi/ Syria “
Reviewed by” Sara Issam/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team