1 March 2019.
The United Arab Emirates.
Al Qasimi Foundation – Faculty Research Grants
The Al Qasimi Foundation’s Faculty Research Grants are open to current faculty members at recognized tertiary institutions from across the world. They are designed to sponsor faculty conducting field research in the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah over the summer months or during a sabbatical.
Recipients are expected to produce at least one working paper and make at least one presentation to members of the local research community. They may also be asked to provide interviews to local media channels regarding their research as part of the Al Qasimi Foundation’s broader communication efforts.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Public policy
- Social science
- Urban planning/development
- Public health
- Economic development
- Food access
- Energy or environmental policy.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
During the summer months or during a sabbatical.
- Applicant must be a current faculty member at an accredited tertiary institution who holds a doctorate or other terminal degree.
- Applicant must have a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 85 or IELTS score of 6.5 if English is a secondary language.
- Applicant’s proposed research must focus on the United Arab Emirates, and specifically the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. If the research proposal includes other locations, Ras Al Khaimah must be a significant focus for data gathering and analysis.
- Proposed research must address an education, public policy, or closely related social science issue or question. Relevant topics (dependent on research question) may include areas such as education, urban planning/development, public health, economic development, food access, and energy or environmental policy.
- Proposed research must have Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval at the applicant’s home institution.
The Grant covers for:
- Round-trip economy airfare from country of origin (maximum 10,000 AED),
- up to 2-months accommodation,
- pro-rated monthly living stipend (6,000 AED per month, maximum 12,000 AED total), car rental (2,500 AED per month, maximum 5,000 AED total)
- visa costs (maximum 1,000 AED),
- research costs (maximum 5,000 AED),
- research support,
- office space.
- Same as international applicants pending scholar needs. Up to 35,000 AED can be allocated to direct research expenses.
First Step: Fill in the Online Application form Here.
Second Step: Send all required documents to: “[email protected]”
- Introductory cover letter addressing reason for interest in this particular funding opportunity, brief summary of the proposed project and applicant’s expertise, and how the proposal aligns with the Al Qasimi Foundation’s work and mission.
- Academic CV or resume.
- Research proposal (including literature review, methodology, budget, timeline).
- Department or institutional letter of support from applicant’s university.
- Letter of recommendation from a colleague, which must indicate the length of time, extent, and nature of the recommending party’s relationship with the applicant.
- Official documentation of IRB approval for the proposed research from the applicant’s home institution (or plans for gaining if not available at time of application).
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report (as applicable).
Please review the grant handbook, as it contains important information for applicants and recipients.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Islam/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Waad Othman/ Syria”
MARJ3 Scholarships team