1 December 2018
Research Publication Grant in Engineering, Medicine, and Science Application Instructions- American Association of University Women
AAUW’s Research Publication Grant in Engineering, Medicine, and Science funds women conducting research for a project that will culminate in a scholarly scientific publication.
The purpose of the grant is to increase gender equity in engineering, medicine, and science. To overcome gender bias in these lucrative fields, AAUW is providing funding for women scholars to strengthen their publication records in preparation for obtaining tenure and other promotions.
Grants are open to women scholars conducting basic research in engineering, medicine, or the physical or biological sciences and who have a doctorate degree in one of those fields. The grantee must publish their research in a scholarly publication and be listed as a primary author.
AAUW established the Research Publication Grant in Engineering, Medicine, and Science to address the leadership gap in these fields and to increase awareness of women’s contributions and scholarly impact.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
1 Year: July 1, 2019–June 30, 2020
- Grants are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants). Members and officers of the AAUW Board of Directors are not eligible to apply for fellowships and grant awards. AAUW staff or volunteers with decision-making authority who wish to apply for an award must recuse themselves from the decision-making process.
- Grants are open to women scholars conducting basic research in engineering, medicine, or physical or biological sciences. AAUW follows the National Science Foundation’s definition of basic research: “activity aimed at acquiring new knowledge or understanding without specific immediate commercial application or use.”
- The grantee must plan to publish this research in a scholarly scientific publication within six months of the end of the grant year and be listed as the sole author, senior author, first author, or an author of equivalent significance.
- Applicants must hold a doctorate degree in engineering, medicine, or the physical or biological sciences.
- Tenured professors are not eligible.
- The grants are for tenure-track, part-time, and temporary faculty, as well as new and established researchers at universities.
- Applicants may not apply for another AAUW national fellowship or grant in the same year.
$10,000-$35,000. Payment of the final 10% of the funds will be will be contingent upon publication of research results within six months of the end of the grant year
Funds are available for
- Research expenses including supplies, equipment, and travel.
- Publication costs.
- Clerical and technical support.
- Research assistance, as long as it does not exceed one full-time equivalent employee.
- Journal fees.
- Office supplies, postage, copying, and related expenses.
Funds are not available for
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Indirect costs.
- Previous expenditures, deficits, or repayment of loans.
- Institutional (overhead) costs.
- Tuition for dependent’s education.
- Tuition for additional coursework.
First step: Start the application process by clicking on (Apply now) to access the application and create an account through our vendor site.
Second step: Complete fill, and attach all those components :
- Eligibility (Applicants must pass the eligibility quiz to be reviewed by the selection panel.)
- Uploads (Proof of degree & Project institution letter).
Third step: April 15, 2019 Notification of decision emailed to all applicants.
A certified English translation is required for all components provided in a foreign language. Translations must bear a mark of certification or official signature that the translation is true and complete.
All transcripts provided must include the applicant’s full name, the school’s name, all courses, and all grades, as well as any other information requested in in the application instructions.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Badr / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Esraa Abdullzaher/ Egypt “
& ” Raghda M. Nagy / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team