31 October 2018, 5 pm AEDT.
RMIT University Research Scholarships – Australia
RMIT offers a variety of research scholarships to support candidates to pursue excellence in their research while furthering their academic and career goals.
There are two basic types of scholarship that are made available through the research scholarship rounds. These are:
International tuition fee scholarships
- RTP International Fee Offset Scholarship (RIFOS)
- RMIT International Tuition Fee Scholarship (RRITFS)
Scholarship applications from international candidates are automatically considered for both a stipend and the Tuition / Fee Offset Scholarships.
When applying for a scholarship you will automatically be considered for all scholarships for which you are eligible. You do not need to submit separate applications.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Architectural Engineering
- Biomedical Sciences
- Community Services
- Game Design
- Health Sciences
- Information Technology
EGYPT, PALESTINE, JORDAN, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
From 2 to 3.5 years according to the scholarship type and degree.
Both RIFOS and RRITFS:
- scholarships provide tuition fees for a period of 3 years, with the possibility of a 6-month extension.
Both RSS or RRSS:
- The standard duration of a research doctoral scholarship is three years full-time. Candidates may apply for an extension of up to six months subject to satisfactory progress and school approval.
- The duration of a research masters scholarship is two years full time, with no additional extension available.
- The duration of an RSS or RRSS will be reduced by any periods of study undertaken towards a research degree at the same level, prior to the commencement of the RMIT research program.
Applicants for an RMIT research scholarship must:
- meet the entry requirements for a graduate research program at RMIT University; or be currently enrolled in a graduate research program at RMIT
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of a competitive selection process that ranks applicants according to their academic achievement, research outputs and relevant professional experience. Priority is given to applicants who:
- have achieved a high distinction in the final two years of the qualifying program(s). At RMIT a grade of high distinction represents an academic achievement of 80% or higher
- may be considered by RMIT as having an equivalent level of academic attainment, taking into account previous study, relevant work experience, research publications and other research experience
- are able to take receipt of a scholarship for a minimum 12 months duration on a full-time basis (or part-time equivalent) because of prior enrolment in a graduate research program
- have not already completed a graduate research program at the same or higher course level. For example, Masters by Research applicants should not have already completed a Masters by Research or PhD
- an applicant must not previously have held an RMIT or Commonwealth-funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the scholarship’s payments commencing
- are or will be enrolled and primarily based at an RMIT Australian campus
- Applicants for the VCPS must not have undertaken prior higher degree by research candidature in the last three years.
- International applicants must meet English language requirements by the application closing date to be considered for a scholarship.
Both RSS or RRSS:
- A stipend of $30,900 per annum pro rata (full-time study). This amount is subject to indexation annually.
- International candidates in receipt of this scholarship are also awarded an RTP International Tuition Fee Offset Scholarship (RIFOS) or an RMIT Research International Tuition Fee Scholarship (RRITFS).
- Relocation allowance, paid sick, maternity and parental leave as specified in the Scholarship Terms and Conditions.
Both RIFOS and RRITFS:
- The cost of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your visa is also provided. If you have dependents, both international tuition fee scholarships will provide OSHC that also covers them.
- If you are awarded a tuition fee scholarship, your scholarship will be partnered with a stipend scholarship which will provide you with a living allowance.
To apply for the scholarship, please complete the admission and scholarship application form which is available on our How to Apply page.
NOTE: Scholarship applications will only be accepted within the official scholarship round dates.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Iman Mostafa/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Wiam Kebbou/ Morocco”
MARJ3 Scholarships team