March 15th, 2019.
Scholarships Offered by the Romanian State to Foreign Citizens Through the MFA
The scholarship program offers 85 scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Romania, by means of selection of application files, organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research (hereafter, MNE), in keeping with Romanian current legislation.
The scholarships are awarded for 3 study cycles:
- For the first cycle (undergraduate): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university studies, as well as to candidates who require the continuation of their studies in Romania.
- For the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post-graduate studies.
- For the 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); Admission to a PhD course is conditioned by an entrance examination.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Visual arts
- Romanian culture and civilization
- Political and administrative sciences
- Education sciences
- Social and human sciences
- Technical studies
- Oil and gas
- Agricultural sciences
- Veterinary medicine
Note: the mentioned focus ares are provided by these universities.
Note: The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
- Bachelor’s degree: 3-6 years
- Master’s degree: 1.5-2 years.
- PhD: 3-4 years.
- Foreign citizens coming from all the states of the world, except for EU member states. Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighbouring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programs.
- The applicant for the scholarship must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not request or did not obtain a form of protection in Romania, is not a stateless person whose residence on Romanian territory is officially recognized according to the law, is not a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania, has not benefited from a scholarship from the Romanian state on the same course of study.
- The applicant for the scholarship must present study papers issued by accredited/recognized educational institutions, have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case.
- The applicant for the scholarship is not, until 31 December of the year in which he / she was nominated, more than 35 years of age – for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively – for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies.
- The following categories of persons are exempted from the obligation to submit the Certificate of graduation of the preparatory year, when enrolling in Romanian language teaching programs:
– Persons presenting Romanian studies (diplomas and certificates) or educational papers, school situations attesting at least four consecutive years of study followed in the Romanian language, in an educational facility / institution in the Romanian national system.
– Those who, in order to enrol in university education, promote the Romanian language test organized according to the regulations in force.
– Those who, for the purpose of enrolling in the university education, have attestations of linguistic competence for the Romanian language, the minimum level B1, issued according to the regulations in force.
- Free-of-charge tuition.
- Free-of-charge accommodation: depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose.
- Financial support: a monthly amount representing:
– The equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for under-graduate students.
– The equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization).
– The equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctorate degree).
- These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to personally support any other additional expenses.
- The grant is awarded monthly to students in the 1st (undergraduate) and 2nd (master) cycle throughout the whole academic year, the winter and spring vacation included, but not during the summer vacation.
- For full-time students of the 3rd cycle (doctorate), the monthly grant is awarded throughout the whole calendar year.
First Step: Prepare the following documents:
- Official letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence.
- The MFA application form for a scholarship in Romania, filled in correctly.
- The MNE application form (Appendix 2) for the issue of the Letter of acceptance to study in Romania.
- Legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent, bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees, if any) and their legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian, if required.
- Legalized copies of matriculation sheets / diploma supplements related to graduate studies and their legalized translation, if applicable.
- Legalized copy of the birth certificate and certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian.
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport.
- The medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies.
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant.
- Recent photos – 2 pieces, passport format.
Second Step: Submit your application files through diplomatic missions.
Note: Application files submitted by post or directly to the MFA or to the MNE, as well as application files received after the announced deadline will NOT be taken into consideration.
More information is available here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Waad Othman/ Syria “
Reviewed by” Noha Elbehery/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team