15 December 2018 1:00 P.M. (Japan time)
Rotary-Yoneyama Foundation Masters Scholarships for International Students 2018/2019
The Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation is Japan’s largest private scholarship organization, both in terms of
program scale and number of scholarships awarded.
Rotary Clubs in Japan through the Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation is offering scholarships for overseas students to undertake their academic studies at the Japanese universities or graduate schools.
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship is for overseas students scheduled to enrol in a Japanese university/graduate school. During their stays in Japan, Yoneyama Scholars experience firsthand Japanese culture and customs, enabling them to form bridges between their countries and Japan.
Through their interactions with rotary club members, it is hoped that the Scholars will cultivate within themselves a strong spirit of societal participation. In the future, they will be expected to make their own contributions to cultivating and sustaining world peace and harmony, an ideal embraced by all Rotarians.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
All fields are eligible
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES EXCEPT JAPAN.
- April 2019 enrollment:
– Undergraduates: Two years from April 2019 through March 2021
– Graduate students: Two years from April 2019 through March 2021
- October/September 2019 enrollment:
– Undergraduates: Two years from October (September) 2019 through September (August) 2021
– Graduate students: Two years from October (September) 2019 through September (August) 2021
Note: Students who do not arrive in Japan by the commencing month of the scholarship (by the month that their university course begins) will be automatically disqualified from the scholarship.
The program’s eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You aren’t a citizen of Japan nor residing in Japan.
- Applicants must be born after April 1st, 1979.
- Have either obtained or are in the process of applying for pre-arrival admission approval or letter of success from the university or graduate school intending to enter as a degree student, scheduled for April 2019 or October/September 2019 enrollment. (Applicants who enrol into undergraduates must submit a copy of admission. While applicants who enrol in graduate schools must submit a letter of recommendation from his/her prospective supervisor/professor at the Japanese graduate schools of choice. Applications without these required documents will be rejected in principle).
- Applicants are expected to have a Japanese-Language Proficiency Test with JPLT N4 level or above, further information about The JLPT is here, or they must study Japanese after arrival to Japan.
- Applicants who hold a scholarship from another organization are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
- Applicants who have held a Yoneyama scholarship in the past are not
eligible for this scholarship
- Applicants must submit a letter of acceptance under the schedule below:
- For April 2019 enrollment: by the end of
- For Fall 2019 enrollment: Submit letter of acceptance by the end of June
- For April 2019 enrollment: by the end of
- All applicants are expected to have an enthusiasm for study and clear-cut future goal, an awareness and
respect for cultural differences, the ability to express oneself fluently and to communicate smoothly, and both mental and physical health in good condition.
Yoneyama scholars are obligated for the following:
- Communicate in Japanese.
- Attend regular meetings of the host club.
- Submit an activity report via host club to Yoneyama Foundation twice a year: September and February.
- Give speeches in regular club meetings and participate actively in Rotary club’s and Rotary District’s activities, thereby endeavouring to deepen mutual understanding through interaction with Rotarians.
- After the scholarship period terminates, continue to nurture the exchange and goodwill cultivated within the Rotary community.
- Scholarship amounts:
– Undergraduates: ¥100,000 per month
– Master’s students: ¥140,000 per month
– Doctoral students: ¥140,000 per month
– Research Students are NOT eligible.
- Supplemental for Airfare:
Only a single economic one-way-airfare-to-Japan is reimbursed at orientation, after arrival in Japan (maximum limit 400,000 JPY) Due to such, successful applicants must submit the documentation showing the one-way-airfare-to-Japan.
- Entrance fees and tuition must be paid individually.
First Step: Read the Application Guidelines thoroughly and carefully.
Third Step: Please email as attached documents to the Foundation at the
following address which is [email protected]
- Please don’t submit any documents which are not required in the guidelines.
- The application and all these supporting documents should be prepared in PDF format.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Iman Mostafa/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ola Witwit/ Iraq “
Reviewed by” Sherif Hassan / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team