1 November 2019 at 23.59 (UK time).
Saïd Foundation Scholarships Programme
The Saïd Foundation Scholarships Programme aims to promote education and development in the Middle East by providing educational and training opportunities to outstanding individuals who demonstrate the potential to become leaders and innovators of change.
The Saïd Foundation has long standing partnerships with the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge to jointly provide scholarships to study one and two year postgraduate courses and for doctoral research (DPhil/PhD). Scholarships to study at either the University of Oxford or the University of Cambridge will fund 100% of the University and college fees, a maintenance grant and return flights.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- There are no restrictions on academic subjects but priority will be given to candidates who can demonstrate that their subject will enable them to contribute to the development of their home country.
Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine ,Syria.
Scholarships are primarily offered for one year postgraduate courses. In exceptional circumstances it may be possible to consider candidates for two year courses.
The Foundation’s Board of Trustees will make its final selections in early May. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the outcome by the end of May 2020 at the latest.
- Hold Lebanese, Jordanian, Palestinian or Syrian, nationality. Candidates must permanently reside in the Foundation’s target region however the Foundation will consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in that country.
- Hold an undergraduate degree that is equivalent to a UK 2.1 degree or higher. Candidates who are in their final year of their undergraduate degree will also be considered.
- Have work and/or voluntary experience relevant to their field of study and a clear career path on completion of their studies and return to their home country or region.
- Demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field or sector.
- Have applied for an eligible course at a Foundation partner university (or have legitimate exceptional reasons for applying for a non-partner university).
- Meet the Foundation’s English language requirements (IELTS of 6.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each band). Some universities have higher requirements so candidates are expected to meet these requirements too.
In addition to the above criteria, candidates for PhD/DPhil programmes must also:
- Apply for a PhD or DPhil course at either the University of Oxford and University of Cambridge only.
- Hold an existing teaching post at a university in their home country and who can clearly demonstrate the need for the proposed research in their home country.
- The Foundation provides full funding. Scholarships cover tuition fees, full maintenance/living costs for the duration of your course, an arrival allowance, a thesis allowance, visa fees, IHS fees and one economy return flight.
First Step: Prepare the following documents to submit them with your online application:
- A copy of your high school marks/certificate.
- A copy of your university transcripts and graduation certificate.
- A copy of your passport or national ID card.
- A copy of your English language results or confirmation of your language test date.
- An offer letter from a UK university for a postgraduate course starting in September 2020 or evidence that you have applied for a place on a postgraduate course at a partner university (the university application ID).
- Three references ( one academic, one professional and one voluntary).
In addition to these documents, PhD and DPhil candidates are required to submit the following:
- A supporting statement from your proposed university supervisor or other academic/professional expert which supports the relevance of and need for your studies at the PhD level in your home country.
Second Step: Create an account and sign in here.
Third Step: Fill the application online form.
Note: If you are shortlisted you will be interviewed in Beirut, Amman or Ramallah from mid-March 2020. Syrian and Gazan candidates will be interviewed via Skype or telephone.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Esraa Mohammed Hashem / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Hanine Aymen / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team