July 23, 2018
International PhD Course in Molecular Medicine
The San Raffaele University, top-ranked among the research universities in Italy, offers a PhD program aimed to provide excellent guidance, support and training to graduate students interested in understanding the molecular processes underlying human diseases and in designing new approaches for their treatment.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Cellular and Molecular Physiopathology
- Basic and Applied Immunology and Oncology
- Experimental and Clinical Medicine
- Neuroscience and Experimental Neurology
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
- A PhD candidate must be in possession of the Master (Laurea Magistrale in Italy) or an equivalent foreign academic qualification that is valid for admission to PhD programs. Final year students can apply, as long as they have already taken all examinations and graduate before October 31st of the same year.
- Pursuant to the regulations in force, students enrolled in the last year of the Medicine Specialisation Schools of the “Vita-Salute San Raffaele” University are entitled to submit their application.
- The admission to the PhD Course is subject to the successful results of a comparative assessment divided into two phases:
1-The first phase does not require the presence of the candidate and evaluates the documents he/she has presented according to the call indications.
2-Candidates admitted to the second phase will be invited for an interview (in person or via Skype).
For more details about the Eligibility Requirements please click here
About 100 doctoral students are currently enrolled in our PhD Program in Molecular Medicine.
The number of available positions is reported in the annual call (54 positions are offered for A.Y. 2018/19). Full-time financial support is provided for every student we admit. The maintenance of the status of PhD Student and the renewal of the doctoral scholarship depend on the positive result of an annual examination of the scientific progress..
The scholarship covers:
– the salary
– tuition fees
In the current open call, 47 students are offered a UniSR scholarship (annual gross wage, before-tax, of € 18,000); the remaining 7 positions are without fellowship but the student will be funded by the hosting laboratory.
Annual research expenses (bench costs) are covered by the hosting laboratories.
During the second and third year, all students receive additional funds (1800 euros/year) to support participation to meetings and workshops. International collaborations are encouraged; if students move abroad to integrate the research activities of their projects, the scholarship is increased by half of the wage (for a period up to 8 months).
- A self-certification of the Bachelor’s Degree, indicating the graduation mark; it is possible to bring a copy of a certificate, with these information, with the self-certification (Attachment 2) in which it is declared that the copy of the certificate is in compliance with the original certificate.
- A self-certification of the Master’s Degree, indicating the graduation mark; it is possible to bring a copy of a certificate, with these information, with the self-certification (Attachment 2) in which it is declared that the copy of the certificate is in compliance with the original certificate;
- Only for candidates who have not graduated by the time of their online admission application, a self-certification (Attachment 2) stating that all the exams required for graduation (Master’s Degree) have been passed as well as the list of all courses taken including the relative marks and the average grade;
- A copy of a valid identity document;
For more details about the requirements of applying please click here
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Akmal Essam Abureisha /Egypt “
Reviewed by” Abd El Rahman Mohsen / Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team