July 23, 2020.
Goethe Institute in Cairo, Egypt.
Preparatory Year Program – The Goethe Institute in Cairo
The program allows interested students from the Middle East and North Africa to study at German universities by enrolling in the preparatory year program in Egypt for a period of 10 months starting from September 2020 and obtaining a specialized certificate issued by the Ministry of Education, Science and Research in the state of Berlin.
In addition to studying German for 15 hours a week, the course will offer specialized courses in mathematics, chemistry and physics as well as computer science. All courses will be offered at the new headquarters of the Goethe Institute in Cairo.
The program offers the students an opportunity to take the qualification exam exclusively for German universities. The test will be held in June 2021 through the Technical University of Berlin and the student can obtain a specialized and qualified certificate issued by the Ministry of Education, Science and Research in the state of Berlin to apply to all German universities in various scientific and engineering disciplines.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- German Language;
- Computer science.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS.
- Courses will start in September, 2020 and end at the end of May 2020.
- The final exam will be taken in June 2021.
- All interested secondary school graduates with diplomas not eligible for direct admission to German universities such as the Egyptian General Secondary School.
Note: The program provides an online counseling opportunity for those interested outside of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Provide proof of German language proficiency through the German language certificate: Level B1. Information about courses and exams in the Goethe-Institutes in Cairo, Alexandria and Riyadh can be found on the following links:
- The applicant must have a secondary certificate that is not eligible for direct admission to German universities, such as a secondary school, scientific division or mathematics division (in the case of obtaining the scientific division, the student must pass the mathematics entrance exam at the end of July 2020).
- For more information for holders of an American high school diploma, in addition to one year of successful university study, visit the following website:
- For more information for the holders of Al-Azhar Secondary School Certificate (ZAB approval is required – Central Office for Foreign Education – before applying), the following website can be visited:
- For more information for the holders of the International Baccalaureate (IB diploma), visit the following website:
- It is not permissible to holders of the British General Secondary School (GCSE) and the British General Secondary School (IGCSE) to get the preparatory course known as Studienkolleg. The necessary details and conditions can be found through the following link:
Acceptance requirements are subject to the official admission regulations provided by the Anabin website.
- The Studienkolleg program is available to all students, and the program provides a scholarship of 50% of the total expenses for girls in the technical course for 2020/2021.
- You will be able to study the Studienkolleg program in Egypt instead of studying it in Germany in a full year before the start of your study.
- The costs of studying the program will be lower compared to if you studied it in Germany.
- The Goethe-Institut will assist students in obtaining the required papers and applying for German universities.
- The Goethe-Institut will prepare students to live in Germany, and teach them how to deal with German culture with the least possible problems.
First Step: Create your own account on the uni-assist portal.
Second Step: Activate your account with an activation message that will reach you via email.
Third Step: Complete your registration request information and upload its documents.
- Scan /Copy of the passport.
- Scan /Copy of the Goethe-Certificate B1.
- A translated and certified copy of the secondary school certificate (you can submit it as soon as it is extracted and after being authenticated through the educational administration of the student through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the German Embassy in Cairo through the TLS office).
For more details regarding the application process, please visit the following page.
For any inquiries, contact the following email: [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt“
MARJ3 Scholarships team