Apply between Early January and early April.
(You need to apply between early January and early April. Please consult the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for the specific deadline of each year).
Great Wall Program is a full scholarship established by MOE for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to sponsor students and scholars in developing countries to study and conduct research in China.
This program only supports general scholars and senior scholars.Scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency are required to get the approval from both CSC and UNESCO for one academic year Chinese language study.
289 designated Chinese universities offer a wide variety of academic programs in:
- legal studies
- fine arts for scholarship recipients at all levels
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
This scholarship covers, in general, one academic year of study.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age :
– Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs.
– Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
- Scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency are required to get the approval from both CSC and UNESCO for one academic year Chinese language study.
The Great Wall Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
First Step: Apply to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for CGS opportunity.
Second Step: Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by UNESCO as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate).
Third Step: Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. Please consult the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number.
Fourth Step: Submit all your application documents to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country before the deadline.
The Required Documents:
1.Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
2. Notarized highest diploma;
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
3. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English).
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English).
Applicants for the senior scholar programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors.
5. A CD of your own works (only required for arts students).
Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
6. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English).
This should be a minimum of 500 words.
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy). Applicants studying in China for over half a year should submit the photocopy of this form. (The original copy will be kept by yourself and the form is uniformly printed by Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English, can be downloaded from here or here ). The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
8. The copy of Pre-admission Letter from designated Chinese university (if available).
9. The copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available).
- Only applications of recommended candidates from UNESCO will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
- All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 6.1 to 6.9.
- You should submit TWO sets of bound documents.
- No application documents will be returned.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Abdelrahman/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Reham Hassan/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team