15 November 2018.
Research Grants – Cotutelle Doctoral Programmes • DAAD
DAAD research grants provide foreign doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research or continue their education in Germany.
There are funding programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career. The grants also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues. The aim of this programme is to promote binational doctoral degrees at the home university and at a university in Germany according to the so-called “cotutelle” procedure. The prerequisite is an individual agreement between the participating universities about the doctoral programme which is to be supervised.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- All Fields.
English or German.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Grants are initially awarded for a maximum of 12 months. Extensions depend on achievements rendered in the first year.
- Excellently-qualified doctoral candidates and graduates who have admission to a doctoral programme at the time they begin their grant-supported research.
- As a rule, applicants should have taken their final examinations no longer than six years before the application deadline.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- Monthly payments for doctoral candidates during the stay in Germany: 1,200 euros.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- One-off research allowance.
- Under certain circumstances, grant holders completing uninterrupted stays of over 6 months in Germany may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family.
First Step: You must register here to fill in your application.
Second Step: Submit the following documents:
- Online application form here.
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages).
- List of publications (max. 10 pages), if applicable.
- Extensive and detailed description of the research proposal which has been agreed upon with both academic advisers – in the home country and in Germany – and a description of previous research work (max. 10 pages).
- Schedule of planned research work and visits from academic adviser.
- Individual supervision agreement between the home university and the cooperating German University (Cotutelle contract). If this is not yet available at the time of application, it must be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins.
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- Proof of admission to a doctoral programme at the home university.
- Other documents which support your application (example: certificates of employment, proof of placements, etc.).
- All university certificates on all annual examinations with individual grade(s), incl. explanation of grading system.
- Language certificate in the language in which the doctorate is carried out (German or English).
- Copy of school-leaving certificate which entitles holders to study at a university in the home country (with all individual grades).
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language.
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the other application documents to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Zoulikha Messerdi/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team