20 November 2019.
Confucius Institute Scholarship of Wuhan University （Year 2019）
Wuhan University is a key university directly under the administration of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. It is located in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei Province, and known as “the thoroughfare leading to nine provinces”.
The University now has more than 50,000 students, including 29738 undergraduates, 26073 graduates and 2537 foreign students. The teaching staff consists of more than 3,700 teachers, including 2,700 or so professors and associate professors, 11 academicians of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 7 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, 3 academicians of the international Eurasian Academy of Sciences, 10 well-known senior scholars of arts and social sciences, and 22 lead scientists of the National 973 Project.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Health Sciences.
- Resources and Environmental Sciences.
- Information Management.
- Power and Mechanical Engineering.
- Chemistry and Molecular Sciences.
- Printing and Packaging.
- International Education.
- Civil Engineering.
- Urban Design.
- Foreign Languages and Literature.
- Political Science and Public Administration.
- Mathematics and Statistics.
- Chinese Language and Literature.
- Journalism and Communication.
- Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering.
- Geodesy and Geomatics.
- Physics and Technology.
- Life Sciences.
- Electronic Information.
- Economics and Management.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Computer Science.
- Resources and Environmental Sciences
- Remote Sensing and Information Engineering.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
According to the chosen program.
- Application is open to applicant who owns a non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 16 and 35, in good health condition, (Applicant is currently working in a Chinese language teaching position shall not exceed the age limit of 45. Undergraduate student shall not exceed the age limit of 25).
- Category of Scholarship & Eligibility Criteria
- 1. Scholarship for One-Semester Study StudentsThis category provides sponsorship for 5 months. Applicant should with a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and a minimum score of 40 in HSKK (Beginner Level) but no prior experience of studying in China.
- 2. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study StudentsThis category provides sponsorship for 11 months. Application is open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, overseas Chinese language teachers, Chinese language major students and excellent performers in HSK test. International students who are now studying in China are not eligible for the scholarship. Applicant should have a minimum score of 210 in the HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in the HSKK test (Beginner Level).
- 3. Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL) The funding period is four academic years. Applicants should have a high school education and Chinese proficiency is higher than HSK (Level 4) 210 points, HSKK (Intermediate level) 60 points.
- 4. Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) Students
This category provides sponsorship for 2 academic years. Applicant should own a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 5), and a minimum score of 60 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level). The applicant who is able to provide the employment agreement or certification from designated working institutions is preferred.
- The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance, and comprehensive medical insurance expenses. Tuition fee does not cover the textbook expenses and tourist tickets.
First Step: Please log on the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online, upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents, track the application progress, feedback of review and admission results. (You can check “The List of Application Documents for Confucius Institute Scholarships” on http://cis.chinese.cn)
Second Step: Register and apply online in Wuhan University at http://admission.whu.edu.cn ，submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University” and application documents required, and send necessary documents to Wuhan University.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Raghda Hourani / Palestine “
Reviewed by” Mustafa Abdelshafy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team