September 30, 2019.
Science by Women program
The Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA), in line with its mission of contributing to the development of Africa through the drive of its women, launched the SCIENCE BY WOMEN program, with the aims of promoting African women’s leadership in scientific research and technology transfer and fostering the capacity of the research centres in their home countries. The program’s ultimate goal is to enable African women researchers to play a leading role in the transition of Africa to a knowledge-based and innovation-led economy and thereby in the transformation of people’s daily lives.
The Science by Women program will fund a total of 15 six-month visiting senior research fellowships for 15 experienced African women researchers in 15 different international research centres of excellence based in Spain. Beneficiaries must devote themselves entirely to research at the assigned research centre and may not be beneficiaries of any other fellowship, grant, stipend or regular income during their research stay.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Health and Bio-medicine.
- Energy, Water and Climate Change.
- Agriculture and Food Safety.
- Mathematics, Information and Communication Technologies.
- Economic Science.
- Physics and Materials Sciences.
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
Six continuous months.
- In general, the duration of the research stays will be six continuous months. Nevertheless, depending on personal and professional needs, and with approval of the host research centre, the planned research may be split in two stays to be completed within two years after the fellowship has been awarded.
Any person who meets the following requirements can apply:
- Being a woman.
- Having the nationality of an African country.
- Having a PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience.
- Current contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated above.
- Excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience.
- Solid working knowledge of English.
- Proven experience leading a research group.
- Beneficiaries of first, second and third editions of this program are not eligible.
- When applying, candidates must have already identified research groups in the host centres to confirm that their proposed research can be carried out in collaboration with those research groups and, when needed, in their laboratories.
Successful candidates will have access to the following benefits:
- Return flight from their centre of origin to the host institution
- Living allowance of 2.400 Euros (before taxes) per month to cover accommodation, personal expenses and health and occupational accident insurance coverage.
- Women for Africa Foundation, in collaboration with the research centre, will help beneficiaries with the compulsory formalities in order to obtain the visa with Spanish Embassies and Consulates.
First Step: Fill the Application here. Candidates must submit the following documents:
- Letter of Interest (max. 1 page).
- Full curriculum vitae.
- Fully filled form.
- Brief but concise description of the project to be developed in the Spanish host centre (max. 2 pages).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nada Ahmed / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Hesham galal / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team