19 March 2019, 11.59pm Singapore time.
Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship- Singapore Management University
The Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship is offered to outstanding freshmen from Asian countries (excluding Singapore). This scholarship is open to applicants intending to pursue the Bachelor of Science (Information Systems) programme at SMU.
To create and disseminate knowledge. SMU aspires to generate leading-edge research with global impact as well as to produce broad-based, creative and entrepreneurial leaders for the knowledge-based economy. SMU is committed to an interactive, participative and technologically enabled learning experience. Towards this end, it will provide a rewarding and challenging environment for faculty, staff and students to kindle and sustain a passion for excellence.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Business Analytics
- Financial Technology
- Digital Business solutioning
- Social sciences
SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, TURKEY, IRAN
4 Years (Full time).
- Full-time SMU first year undergraduate student pursuing the SMU Bachelor of Science (Information Systems) programme
- Citizens from Asian countries (excluding Singapore citizens)
- Outstanding academic results
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- Good record of co-curricular activity and/or community service involvement
- Good character record
- The scholarship holder is required to serve a 6-year bond with Singapore-registered company immediately upon graduation from SMU.
- Scholars may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award or allowance without prior approval from SMU.
- The scholarship will be renewed every semester upon good academic progress and good conduct.
- A minimum of 12 years of formal education with good passes in a national/international examination that is recognised for the purpose of admission. Applicants taking their respective high school examinations between January and May 2019 must submit/upload online their actual results within 3 working days after the release of the results. If your high school results are not known by the application closing date, please submit your predicted high school scores as attested by your school teacher/counsellor by 31 March 2019. Self-declared predicted scores will not be accepted.
- To be considered in the 2019 admissions exercise, applicants must take the SAT/ ACT/ IELTS/ TOEFL by 19 March 2019 and submit the test scores to SMU by 31 March 2019. Tests taken after 19 March 2019 will not be considered:
– SAT (old SAT – before March 2016) : A minimum total score of 1,900 with at least 600 each for critical reading, mathematics and writing.
– SAT (new SAT – from March 2016) : A minimum total score of 1,350 with at least 650 each for evidence-based reading and writing. Essay is not required.
– ACT : A minimum composite score 29, with at least 27 each for both reading and writing.
– IELTS : A minimum overall score of 7.0 with reading score of at least 7.0 and writing score of at least 6.5.
– TOEFL iBT (internet-based test) : A minimum score of 93, with at least 22 each for both reading and writing.
– TOEFL PBT (paper-based test) : A minimum score of 583, with at least 5.5 for TWE (Test of Written English) and 50 for reading.
- SAT/ ACT scores are valid for 5 years.
- IELTS/ TOEFL scores are valid for 2 years.
- Covers annual tuition fees compulsory miscellaneous fees for four years.
- Provides an annual living allowance of S$6,000.
- Provides an annual accommodation allowance.
- Provides a one-time settling-in allowance of S$200.
- Provides a one-way passage from home country to Singapore at the commencement of the course of study and a return air passage upon completion of the course.
First Step: Apply for the Singapore management university here.
Second Step: Apply for the scholarship via Applicant’s Self Service through the following steps:
1. Uploading the required documents:
– Academic results/transcripts/certificates must clearly show the applicant’s name, and the name and logo of the awarding institution.
– Passport Particulars Page and Singapore Student Pass for Non-citizens.
– High school examination results (actual / predicted, whichever is applicable).
– University results, if any.
– SAT or ACT or IELTS or TOEFL scores.
– School Testimonials / Extra Curricular Activity / Co-Curricular Activity / Special Achievements / Award Records, if any.
– Medical report, if you have any disabilities or major illness.
– Criminal offence records, if any.
– Your Printed Checklist Summary (Checklist Summary will be displayed on your computer screen when your online application has been submitted successfully).
2. Update your address, telephone numbers and email address.
3. Pay the application fees (S$15).
4. Check if your supporting documents and fees have been received, then check your application outcome.
5. Upload your photo.
6. Retrieve User ID and Password.
7. Create/Reset Password.
8. Apply for financial aid.
Note: If you wish to submit other documents on top of the online submission, you may mail the hardcopy documents to SMU. Before sending the documents to us, print a copy of the Checklist Summary and place it on top of your supporting documents. Do not submit original documents.
Mail your hardcopy documents to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions & Financial Assistance (OUAFA)
Singapore Management University
Level 3, Administration Building
81 Victoria Street
Or drop them at the Drop box, located outside OUAFA (Monday to Friday : 8am-10pm; Saturday : 8am-5pm; closed on Sunday and public holidays).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Noha Elbehery/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Salma Aittaleb/ Morocco ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team