31 March 2019.
BEAMLINE FOR SCHOOLS Competition 2019.
BEAMLINE FOR SCHOOLS is an official competition powered by CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research in Geneva, Switzerland. It is open for all high-school students around the world.
The competition invites teams of high-school students to propose a scientific experiment that they want to perform. Because of the maintenance of CERN’s accelerators starting at the end of 2018, the winning experiments in 2019 will be run at DESY in Hamburg, Germany, a world-leading accelerator centre. The first prize for the winning teams is a trip to DESY to carry out their proposed experiments at a fully-equipped accelerator beamline. There are additional prizes for shortlisted teams and certificates for all participants. How to take part? Have a look here.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Particle Physics.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
From 10 to 12 Days.
The exact time to be agreed between CERN, DESY and the winning teams.
- The BL4S competition is intended for students around the 15-19 age bracket who, at the time of submitting their entry to the competition, are currently attending a secondary/high school.
- Participants who, at the time of registration, are under 18 or are under the legal age of majority in the country where they are applying, must have the consent of their parent(s)/guardian(s) before registering.
- The Participants must submit a proposal and record a one minute video, for more information about the proposal and video click here.
- Any participant that subsequently travels to DESY as a member of a winning Beamline for Schools competition team will, in due course, need to ensure that she/he has health and accident insurance cover that is adequate for Germany and that the documents that prove that they have this cover are available for inspection during their visit to DESY.
For more information about the terms and conditions click here.
- BL4S will cover the full costs of the winners’ participation to the competition, including travel, local transport, accommodation in the DESY hostel and three meals per day.
First Step: Register you team from here.
Second Step: Read the information about proposal submission.
Third step: Submit your proposal from here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amr Habib/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Aya Gamal ElGeddawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team