September 30, 2018.
Washington, United States.
Thriving Earth Exchange Story Slam
What does Community Science mean to you? How has it impacted your community, your work, your life? Thriving Earth Exchange has an exciting opportunity to develop and share your story at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Meeting this December.
Science is more important than ever to meet the challenges we face, but the way we do science needs to change. Community science is a movement in science which is evolving to meet local priorities and serve the needs of people where they live. It depends on creating and sustaining partnerships that make room for many perspectives and which share the goals of community impact, equity and sound science.
We want to hear your community science story.
This year’s Thriving Earth Exchange reception will feature 3-minute pop-up style talks from community leaders and scientists. Stories will share the inspiration, actions, and outcomes of community science collaborations through personal narrative. Attendees can expect engaging tales of community and science, and the opportunity to meet and engage with like-minded individuals and potential new partners.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
10-14 December 2018.
- Scientists, community leaders, and boundary-spanners engaged in community science are invited to apply to share their community science story at the December 11 reception.
- They’re looking for individuals interested in sharing personal experiences, ideas, motivations, successes and lessons learned with fellow community science enthusiasts.
Selected applicants will receive:
- Specialized coaching to craft and develop a 3-minute story during a Storyteller Bootcamp (December 8-9, 2018 at AGU Headquarters, 2000 Florida Ave NW, Washington, DC).
- Travel to and from Washington, DC to participate in the Bootcamp and Reception (11 December).
- Five (5) nights complimentary lodging near the Washington, DC convention center.
- Breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday, December 8 and 9.
Fill in the required ”Application Form”, then ”Submit”.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Alaa Faramawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team