31 October 2019 – 12:00 am.
STDF SUPPORT OF SCIENTIFIC EVENTS FOR YOUTH (STDF-SSEY)
The STDF (Science and Technology Development Fund) Board of Directors has approved the launching of an open new funding mechanism on a competitive basis, to Support of Scientific Events (STDF-SSE Youth), with the aim of providing universities and scientific research institutions with financial support for holding seminars, forums, workshops, training courses & conferences.
The STDF specific objectives are to improve Egypt’s research and development (R&D) environment, fund S&T activities, develop innovation capacity, enhance and monitor S&T systems and develop appropriate and flexible funding mechanisms for S&T.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- All fields are eligible.
Depending on the duration scientific event.
- Any Egyptian research institution, university or nongovernmental organization (NGO), is eligible for receiving STDF funding in accordance with the laws, rules and regulations of governmental funding.
- In all contractual, reporting and monitoring procedures, the university, research institution or NGO receiving the funds will be represented by an Egyptian Ph.D. holder ( age < 40 years ) having well-documented scientific research and development activities, who will act as the “Event Coordinator/Organizer”.
- In cases where the proposed event is financially supported by other STDF funding mechanisms or programs, or by any other funding agency, such sources of funding should be clearly stated in the application. Preference will be given to applicants who do not have funding other than that provided by STDF.
- The proposed eligible events should be held in the Egyptian research institution, university, or nongovernmental organization (NGO), with which the Event Coordinator is affiliated.
- The application for support of a scientific event must be submitted at least three months before the event’s start date.
- The funds provided by STDF (up to LE 50,000) for the support of a scientific event are divided into 3 categories, as follows:
1st Category: provides the event with funding up to 10,000 LE.
2nd Category: provides the event with funding up to 25,000 LE.
3rd Category: provides the event with funding up to 50,000 LE.
- You can know more about the differences between these categories from the grant guidelines.
- In addition to the above 3 funding categories, other proposals that do not fit within the aforementioned categories will be investigated by independent experts, and their recommendation will be presented to STDF’s Board of Directors, which will make the final decision.
- Purchasing flight tickets (economy class, using national airlines whenever possible) for foreign scientists & eminent Egyptian scientists in Diaspora who are invited to the event.
- Accommodation and local transportation.
- Printing of documents & publications (e.g. conference proceedings, reports, training booklets, workshop recommendations, etc.), promotional material (event invitations & program, leaflets, banners, posters, … etc.
- The hosting organization is kindly requested to support the needs for food and beverages for snacks and/or coffee breaks during the event.
First Step: Read the following guidelines carefully.
Note: The evaluation criteria can be stated as follows:
- The scientific field which the event covers
- The applying institution’s track record of success in the field
- The geographical distribution and the geographical impact of the event
- Scientific societal need
- Economic and social impact
- The collaboration and participation of international partners, invitees or speakers
- The number of partners organizing the event, including governmental and/or private sector partners and investor.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Sara Khaled Elghandour/Egypt “
Reviewed by” Manar Khattab/Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team